Skip to main content
Topic: Topic title being truncated in linktree for long topic titles[longer title test] (Read 3978 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Topic title being truncated in linktree for long topic titles[longer title test]

Reply #15

If I'm going to be tracked, I'd better get a raise  .... Oh wait, If I get any money that may set an expectation that my work will be correct, never mind :P :D

Re: Topic title being truncated in linktree for long topic titles[longer title test]

Reply #16

Nope, paperwork doesn't work when multiple people on multiple countries are working together.

Full story:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1881.0

Discursive version: this board is for "your"[1] convenience. In theory, when a bug is confirmed, it should be tracked at github, so that a milestone (and some labels) can be assigned and the bug cannot be missed during the work for the release. Though, devs are lazy, so from time to time it happens they fix bugs on-the-fly or think they can remember things[2], so bugs are not tracked and in very few cases it happens some of those misses the release. :P
Well, at least there is something for 1.0.4. ;)
those using ElkArte, but not deeply involved in development.
Something completely false in my case.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

Post a topic, make it sticky in this section, lock it and write down ALL issues in there as well, or better, links to them on GitHub. When a new version is released you wipe it out and replace it with a new TO-DO list.
Make Spuds local mod in this section to supply the fact he is not using a moderator membergroup (for testing purposes, I know).

Elapsed time: 5 minutes (or less, actually, since you have this one in the list xD)
Elapsed time each time: 30 seconds

Pros:
Impossible to miss anything anymore
Ability to check the whole list before releasing in a more organized and simple way

Cons:
30 seconds wasted for each bug

I think it worths it. Lol
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #18

TL;DR: a forum is not a bug tracker. Trust me.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

we are all humans, we all make mistakes or simply forget things and copy-paste does not work on emanuele's PC :D
sorry for my bad english