Skip to main content
Topic: [1.0.5] theme bug with hamburger image? (Read 5335 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [1.0.5] theme bug with hamburger image?

Reply #15

Maybe my custom.css is the problem at my board(s). But why do I have the problem here? I am sure here is no custom.css involved.

Reply #16

No, i think here is another problem.

Regards Stephan

Reply #17

You are missing a couple of pieces, well, more than just two, but I'm not entirely sure which one are really missing, so I'll send you the file with the minimum amount of changes.
The problem is not with your custom.css because there is no custom.css around. If you used a custom.css probably there was no issues, but that's another story. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

There is no custom.css? There should be, in bluesky/css/light.  :o

Reply #19

But that's just for the "variant", and it's just colors in fact. ;)
I was talking about the "main" css, index.css.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #20

Hm, I thought the custom.css must be in the variant folder? I only have one there. Is this a mistake?

Edit: And in this custom.css I have only the codes I changed, not all. A second mistake?

Reply #21

custom.css can be used both at "theme level" and "variant level", so you can have a custom.css in the same directory as index.css and it will work, and you can have a custom_variantname.css in your _variantname directory as you have.
You can have both.

In the custom css files there shall be only the changed code, it would be pointless to replicate the whole css. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #22

Hm, then I made everything correct.  :)

Okay, another idea. What do you think is the best way to change some colors?

1. Use the default theme and change the css files? Save them, so when the default theme is updated, I can overwrite the css files with my own? I will then have the problem of using old css files, missing codes in them, etc.

2. Use the custom css files, but with less codes?

Any other idea?

Reply #23

I'm a bit in a hurry so I'll be short: the best way is not to change default things.

If you want to change colors to your own theme, do what you are already doing: edit the custom.css file.
If you want to change colors of the default theme, create a custom css file and put it in the default theme.
In both cases, the custom css will override the default one and the theme will show the new colors and not those of the default theme.

Quote from: Jorin – Hm, then I made everything correct.  :)
So you didn't change anything on purpose in your index.css compared to the default one?
If so, just pick the attached file (index.css from elk 1.0.5) and overwrite the one in your theme directory.
This will likely fix any issue so far (except for one that is planned to be fixed in 1.0.6).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #24

I changed a few little things in index.css, I didn't know I can use a custom file there too. I will keep my changes in a custom index.css in the future. If I remember right, I kept a notice what I changed in this file.

Thank you very much!