Skip to main content
Topic: Why all the recent language restructuring? (Read 14534 times) previous topic - next topic

Why all the recent language restructuring?

Why do you do that? :<
-

Re: Why all the recent language restructuring?

Reply #1

ehh...

emanuele blames @Spuds for all the bugs he is finding. :P

Most of them were just small tweaks (for example the colons moved to the string instead of the template), yeah, annoying... :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Repeatedly breaking git.  :-\
-

Reply #3

Just wait till I really start looking :P ... OK I'm really just making them bugs so I can make some of the addon's easier to code :D

Not sure what that means, for me I have not had a repo issue in a long time (probably jinked myself now)

Reply #4

Sure, it can be my fault. :) Just found some HEAD marks in some language files, caused by too many changes.

At least I finished the German translation now (you can pull it, it's complete, except the occasionally needed updates).
(I hope I haven't missed a string.)

Reply #5

Quote from: forumsearch0r2 – At least I finished the German translation now (you can pull it, it's complete, except the occasionally needed updates).
(I hope I haven't missed a string.)
Great!
I'll push that to transifex as soon as I get a moment, so we can easily see if there is anything missing. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Now I'm afraid...

Reply #7

Unfortunately I can't write bug that way... :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Quote from: emanuele – I'll push that to transifex as soon as I get a moment, so we can easily see if there is anything missing. ;)
If you do that: please push it to the "German (Germany)" tree..
The "German" tree contains my (and Jorin's) "informal" version, the one from forumsearchor2 is a formal one..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #9

Okay.
Of course, if you want to take care of it feel free! ;D
 emanuele always tries to delegate. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Quote from: TE – The "German" tree contains my (and Jorin's) "informal" version

Based on mine, I hope. Just to not have done too much.  :o
-

Reply #11

Quote from: forumsearch0r – Based on mine, I hope. Just to not have done too much.  :o
Nope, they're based on the informal version for SMF 2.0 from smfportal.de. So it's basically the old SMF language pack with just the new ElkArte strings..that's one of those big benefits using transifex.
 https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/elkarte/
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #12

What the ... (word censorship?!). Then why did I actually do a complete translation on my own?

OTOH, it's really "original work" now. Mine is better!
-

Reply #13

And you also helped improve the English language version as well :D

Reply #14

Quote from: forumsearch0r – What the ... (word censorship?!). Then why did I actually do a complete translation on my own?
Don't know that, you could have read the "transifex for translations" topic for example... Keep in mind: Jorin offered their help but you decided to start the translation without contacting me or him....
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=726.msg5146#msg5146
Quote 3) We still haven't decided how to handle translations.Most likely we'll have a seperate Tool for translation or we'll pull them in another repo (elkarte_languages). the main repo should not contain all translations,
Not sure why you ignored my comment  ::) ... I still think GIT (especially the main ElkArte repo) isn't the proper tool for translations.

Quote from: forumsearch0r – OTOH, it's really "original work" now. Mine is better!
Your's is a bit special here and there (e.g. Befugnisse vs. Berechtigungen for "permissions") but TBH, I'm not up for the "mine is better" comparison.. They're different, that's it. One can decide which one they like..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------