Skip to main content
Topic: 1.1 at transifex (Read 10623 times) previous topic - next topic

1.1 at transifex

The repo is up:
https://www.transifex.com/elkarte/elkarte-11/dashboard/
I put the files from master in auto-update, I also changed the auto-update for the 1.0 repo pointing it to the 1.0.10 tag.
Left for sure there are two things:
1) re-upload all the 1.0 translations to the 1.1 repo so that it starts with something,
2) update the script on the server to show the 1.1 files instead of the 1.0.

I'm not sure if 1 can be automated.
And 2 I'm not sure where the files are... O:-)

That's it @TE
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #1

I can attach the old german language files here if you need them for the upload (point 1).

Reply #2

Is it different from the ones distributed from http://translations.elkarte.net/ ?
If so, then please yes! :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I think, it is the wrong topic here, but I want to tell you, that I can do the german translation for SimplePortal again, when Spuds has finished the new version.

The "old files" are attached here: https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3692.0

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele – 1) re-upload all the 1.0 translations to the 1.1 repo so that it starts with something,
2) update the script on the server to show the 1.1 files instead of the 1.0.
IIRC 1) should be automatic as long as the translation memory (transifex organisation settings) is the same for both projects (was not). I put the  1.1 project in the "global" group. Hopefully the translations will auto share between the projetcts now.. It may take some time, maybe we'll see the first result tomorrow..

2) I'll wait for 1) beeing ready.. I have currently no clue if those files were updated via cron or whatever . :D I believe I set up a transifex client but I have to check that ...

Edit: yes, the files will be updated via cron (all config files inside the elklang account).
Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:51:09 am by TE
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #5

Cool!
Easier than expected then. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Sad, but it's not working anymore.. the translation memory (sharing translations between projects) seems to be a premium feature now..  ::)
I've uploaded the german translations now, it's not a total drama but far more work than expected. :'(
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #7

Sigh...

I think in theory the tx client should be able to push translations as well, though I wasn't able to make it work... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

I think I got it!

I was able to upload them, but the issue is that if there is any string in the translation file, the string is considered translated even if in English, so the result is pretty crappy, because everything is marked as translated even though it is not. :-\

See https://www.transifex.com/elkarte/elk-testing/translate/#pt/adminenglishphp/123411608
Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:34:02 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Quote from: emanuele – ..so the result is pretty crappy, because everything is marked as translated even though it is not. :-\
Yep, that's what I discovered via file upload / browser , too.. We can't push all files, only fully translated or we'll get crap..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #10

Hm...  :(

Reply #11

Okay, I guess we can have a little script that goes through all the keys in a file, take only the translated and save them in another file.
To get that we can just compare the 1.0 translations with the 1.0 English files.
it shouldn't be too difficult... I think.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Here are the german files for older versions.

Reply #13

Haven't finish the translation for quite sometimes. Will try to spare times for it later.