Skip to main content
Topic: The sentence doesn't fit the crime (Read 2199 times) previous topic - next topic

The sentence doesn't fit the crime

Quote from: Elkarte Post PageThe message has the following error or errors that must be corrected before continuing:

Warning - while you were reading 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
I think there needs to be a way to relax that warning level a bit.  A full error box in the scary you've done something bad colors saying YOU MUST CORRECT this when all that's happened is someone posted while you were seems a bit extreme.

Re: The sentence doesn't fit the crime

Reply #1

:D Come to think of it, that's funny. How is anyone supposed to "correct" it? Tell the miscreants to remove their posts immediately? Inform them that if, in future, they dare to post while you're composing something, they'll be shot at dawn?
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #2

Yeah the top sentence really needs to go.  And I think there's a warning box rather than an error box that should probably be used here.

Reply #3

mmm.... yeah, sounds like ti should be some more soft...
Suggestions are welcome, I'll try to see how to "inject" the stuff into the code. ;D

TBH, that is one of the things to do with the posting interface: the "facilities" are all there (the errors class can handle different levels of errors), it just need to be "tweaked" (I think there is a topic in "feature discussion", I should find it...).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Yeah if it can handle a warning box instead of an error box that would be a good start.   Otherwise I'm going to have to recolor my error boxes.   :P

As to new text really the first line needs to go and the whole message be the second one.

Reply #5

I'm not sure it can just go, I have to check the code (improve that part is in the plans for 1.1, at least in my mind, not sure if I added to the main issue at github).
The color should be possible (just a matter of changing the error level... I hope.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Here it is something:
https://github.com/emanuele45/Dialogo/commit/f276193ca5269ad05cc52cb85020ea88609d3378

I didn't dare removing the message entirely because it would be a bit of a pain (even though it may work), just made it less aggressive and generic.
Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:55:30 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.