Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.1.3 - Release announcement (Read 10830 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte 1.1.3 - Release announcement

Reply #15

I think it should be out in a day or two as mentioned by @emanuele and @Spuds last time. Just a guess as I also don't know for sure.

Reply #16

Now we have the 5th June and still no new version with GDPR support ?

Who is helping to finish the new version ?
How many active developpers does Elkarte have in this moment ?

Many thanks for your hard work.

Regards, Stefan.

Reply #17

Do you have a privacy policy conform to the EU-DSGVO? If so, you can re-open your forum no matter what ElkArte version you are using - in my opinion.

Reply #18

Are you sure, I thought one must have a cookie management, so that you must be able to enable ro disable all
cookies coming from external sites... ?? Hmmm...

BTW, who are the real developpers here, that decide, when a new version is released ?
Is that Emmanuel and Spruds ? or still a few others ?

Reply #19

A cookie is not a privacy policy.

Reply #20

Quote from: hartiberlin – Are you sure, I thought one must have a cookie management,

depending on which cookies You are setting You might need one ore You might not need one. The session cookies from a vanilla Elkarte installation do - afaik - not even need to be mentioned in the privacy policy. Things might be different regarding third party cookies - but in that respect most commercial and apparently conforming websites are surprisingly lax in this respect.

I recently switched from a SMF site which had been set up intentionally (not by me, beware!) to send a lot of stuff to google in order to achieve a good page ranking to  a straight 1.1.3 installation with additional privacy policy and a few features turned off (e.g. inline youtube...)

I know that's incomplete, and i'm of course also waiting for 1.1.4. But in my eyes it is better to wait a little bit longer for a release of good quality than to install a sack of bugs (Bananensoftware, die beim Kunden reift, brauch ich jetzt wirklich gar nicht. Ganz besonders, weil meine Zeit als IT-consultant vorbei ist)

Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 05:50:58 pm by bea

Reply #21

Quote from: hartiberlin – BTW, who are the real developpers here, that decide, when a new version is released ?
Is that Emmanuel and Spruds ? or still a few others ?

Yep, mostly they both do the hard and dirty work here  ;D but there are other people which are contributing to this project, you can have a look on GitHub, there is a link on the home page. You will also note that it's an active project if compared to other free forum software.

We know that an update should be released on 1 June, but in the meantime other bugs were found and I guess they choose to solve them with the next update. As you can see it's difficult to give a precise date, but personally I prefer this way, at least we get an indicative date, instead of the answer we used to see for years: "when is ready ". And the last "when is ready" is from 2011-2012 and it's still not ready  :P
sorry for my bad english