Skip to main content
Topic: Simple Portal also needed in converter (Read 3705 times) previous topic - next topic

Simple Portal also needed in converter

I thought I would be able to fudge my way through it using phpMyAdmin but no such luck.

A lot of people from SMF will need Simple Portal converting as well. Its a lot of time adding new blocks and pages and copying stuff over. Wont win any SP friends without it. Needs to be plainly visible - maybe extra checkbox before SMF conversion starts (rather than in advanced options).

Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:00:22 am by andy

Re: Simple Portal also needed in converter

Reply #1

Take into consideration that articles are working in a different way with the S.Portal for elkarte. For the blocks you should be able to recreate them manually in less than 10 minutes
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

QuoteFor the blocks you should be able to recreate them manually in less than 10 minutes

I would like to see you do it in 10 minutes....

Add button each time, set all custom permissions, copy and paste details, set custom display option, pages, portal, boards, save it, check it, get the order correct as well. Then move onto the next one.

If you can do it all in 10 minutes 100% correct, maybe its worth a 100$ bet? If you can't do it then pay  me 100$.
Then the pages and articles, the shoutbox setting... sure there will be other things. As there is little difference in systems, it should be imported - that doesn't even take seconds.

Eh, and lucky  I haven't put Ad blocks in there yet. Hoping for 20-30 Ad blocks, plus they would be in 3 blocks-in-blocks positions left and right in different locations, shown randomly. Add that lot up and there would be another 30+ blocks to do.

Reply #3

copy-paste, let's say 12 minutes :)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

I had done this several times . ;)  I am not sure, but I think, I needed always about three hours to create all necessary Blocks again.

Reply #5

That is a bunch of blocks !  

I think I could come up with something in the importer to help a bit in combination with SP itself.  I really really need to finish my work on SP-Beta2 as well :'(

Reply #6

I'm not pushing for it now as I'm testing the site anyway. I'm sure a lot of people will expect it/ benefit from it later. I know its extra work but it saves everyone work by orders of magnitude.

I was just a bit surprised it wasn't there/ that easy to port over.

Reply #7

@andy sorry for the message below, I didn't wanted to be rude, but I didn't open the attachment, I was on mobile  :-[

There are a lot of blocks and I immagine can't be done in  10 minutes
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

Ok, no problem.