Skip to main content
Topic: Double spaces entered wrong. (Read 6819 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Double spaces entered wrong.

Reply #15

There are for sure other places...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Ema is right, there must be other places as I'm still seeing the problem.  As I'm seeing it in posts by other people I still don't know which path(s) is(are) causing it.

Reply #17

I suspect: preparse, un_preparse (or whatever is called), maybe fixtags, maybe others.

emanuele is scared by the number of "maybe" in the previous sentence... :o
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

The following two javascript files could be the source of the problem too.

spellcheck.js:
  thetext = thetext.replace(/\ \ /g, "  \&\n\b\s\p\;");

jquery.sceditor.min.js:
  replace(/ {2}/g,"  \&\n\b\s\p\;")

The excessive escaping is to prevent the editor from eating what I wrote here.  it's not really escaped like that in the code.

Reply #19

This problem has reappeared in RC2.  I notice that neither Subs.php nor either of the scripts have been modified.

Reply #21

Ah, I figured it was done a long time back.  I'll just have to manually edit sceditor each release.  Or add something that does it every time just before a database update of a body.

Reply #22

I forgot the spellchecker... :-\

I didn't do SCEditor mainly because at the moment we are carrying the minified version (and @Spuds is the SCEditor master anyway).

Spuds do you think it may be worth sending a PR to SCEditor for that? After thinking a bit, it seems to make sense in general to replace the first instead of the second. No?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

I suppose so, yes.

Note that we already have a couple of "custom" things in our sceditor version :'( ... I hope at some point those will be added to the editor (they are reported and acknowledged  as bugs) so we don't have to continue to carry a custom one.  However since we do have a modified version I can add that change to it so we have it available now.  

Also the next (minor) version did another one of those refactoring efforts so I'm more than a bit wary of moving to it when it goes to current.

I have to build out a PR with some minor changes, so I'll add that space tweak.

Reply #24

Now I'm scared. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #25

Yeah sceditor is a bit of a liability right now.  Sigh.