Skip to main content
Topic: Default theme for 3rd party custom themes (Read 2124 times) previous topic - next topic

Default theme for 3rd party custom themes

Hello, I was wondering if there is a default ElkArte theme that looks like Be Social! variant, but is without the variants. Currently those 2 variants really mix things up, as I don't know what files I can merge now after creating the theme (it has only one look/variant). I tried to remove any variables that load css and image files, but so far with no result.

Hopefully I made it clear enough what I want :)

Re: Default theme for 3rd party custom themes

Reply #1

I don't think it exists, but I guess it would be useful to have something similar.

In general, the idea is: "base css" gives structure, "variant css" gives color/style (rounded corners, etc., plus some structure too though).

In theory I think you could just take the content of any {something}_besocial.css and add it at the end of the corresponding {something}.css (e.g. index_besocial.css at the end of index.css, or admin_besocial.css at the end of admin.css).
It would be a bit "ugly" I think, though it should work as a first approximation, of course fixing all the relative paths of the images.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Default theme for 3rd party custom themes

Reply #2

Ah I see. I was thinking about doing this at the start, I mean merging the {something}_besocial.css with the the corresponding {something}.css. It will require some code cleanup. Thanks!