Skip to main content
Topic: studiocrimes.com (Read 9478 times) previous topic - next topic

studiocrimes.com

Finally, I can write a post here. I recently moved over to Elkarte, we're planning on releasing Elkarte themes (after all the updates). The main page is integrated with Elkarte.

So what's studiocrimes? Well, it's a shop with templates for SMF and Elkarte (Elkarte has to be nicely blended in yet).
http://studiocrimes.com

Any comments are welcome.

PS. There are few bugs here and there :)

Re: studiocrimes.com

Reply #1

Your website is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Reply #2

Very, very nice indeed!

You customized the theme quite a lot, if you have any comment to improve both the theme (i.e. markup/css) and the theming (the code "behind the scenes") feel free to share! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Thanks for the comments. I'll be updating the website, to add some smoothness and fix some bugs. Also I've to decide which Elkarte themes are ready to be shipped.

Reply #4

Looks great! ...

As emanuele said, anything that you see that would help facilitate creating themes please let us know (other than writing documentation LOL)

Reply #5

There's not much that I could point out. As I already said to emanuele, I was amazed with the structure of template. It's created of blocks (Display index), where I could achieve most of the design by manipulating css, whereas in SMF most of the code had to be rewritten.

I only had an issue with those unlucky pages and some buttons placements, but I'll post something if I remember. You did great job there, so it's hard to find anything :D

Reply #6

Oh that's nice to know. I was wondering how it would work out once people started customising it. Although I'm sure there is still room for improvement in both markup and CSS.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #8

I call the current studiocrimes a "beta version". There are mistakes, few broken things and some garbage css :) I also had few issues with splitting the portal page with forum, so there is duplicated css as well for boards.

Reply #9

I've updated the page with a new design and a dedicated shop. I hope that there aren't too many bugs :)

Reply #10

Pretty nice! Congratz!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Looks awesome! ... I'll stop short of saying awesome sauce until you have more ElkArte themes :D

Reply #12

I'm actually looking for a person that would take the elkarte category and develop awesome elkarte themes. Too busy on my own to take care of everything :D

I've had 3 elkarte themes nearly ready to ship (not happy with the coding I did there as well), but never had a courage to finish them. Then the 1.1 was in the news (there will be EAflat giveaway only to elkarte people, shhh not supposed to say anything).

Reply #13

I really love the looks of some of your SMF themes. They are stunning and beautiful! So sad you don't have a 52 hrs day!  :(

Reply #14

You still have several months before that! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.