Skip to main content
Topic: Reporting / Warning system not working as intended (Read 2195 times) previous topic - next topic

Reporting / Warning system not working as intended

The warn level of 10 is supposed to be putting users on moderation watch, but apparently it isn't automatically hiding all of their new posts from normal users and guests, as they are allowed to continue posting freely until they are warned all the way up to 60 points, which completely blocks them from communicating by any means other than the post reporting system, which one of our forum's 60 pointers is using to ask to be let back in, even though they appear to have learned nothing in their time away from posting.

Re: Reporting / Warning system not working as intended

Reply #1

This is one of the longest sentences I've ever seen!  :o

Reply #2

Moderation watch is not post moderation.
Do you have post moderation on?
If post moderation is on, there should be three levels: watched, moderated and muted.
It looks almost like you have only watched and muted.
Watched doesn't really do much more than add a "label" to remind you the user is watched (actually, in the moderation center there is a list of recent topics made by members under watch moderation, but I guess it's hardly used).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Would in case make sense to merge the warning system and the post moderation?
So that enabling one makes both active?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I didn't realize that I would need to enable the warning level for post moderation. It's now configured, and I raised the level for muted slightly.

Reply #6

I wonder if it is worth to "merge" post moderation and warning system in one single "feature".
The two taken separately are pretty much pointless (well, okay, post moderation may not be useless by itself, but the warning system it is, to me), but together they work nicely.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

They seem related, so I'd say do it. I'd even go so far as to recommend to remover those options and have the feature always on.
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte