Skip to main content
Topic: Elk Favicon (Read 9434 times) previous topic - next topic

Elk Favicon

Your favicon looks a little strange. I made one based off the first logo I made for Elkarte, and better matches the theme. If you like it, I can submit it to Github as a PR.

I may also be open to suggestions.

Re: Elk Favicon

Reply #1

wow, that's great..
can you also replace \themes\default\images\mobile.png (144 x 144 px)?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

Quote from: TE – wow, that's great..
can you also replace \themes\default\images\mobile.png (144 x 144 px)?

I'll take a look

Reply #3

like this?

Reply #4

yep, very nice. Thank you ..

Edit: could also be used for a Logo.. a quickly made example is attached, maybe you have ideas for a better one?
Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:44:28 am by TE
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #5

May be it is just me, but I like the current favicon and Green-Black combination in light variant. I think we can bundle blue-black and green-black as different variants. Of course no default theme can satisfy everyone.

PS : My intention is not to downplay OPs helpful suggestion and the time spent for it.

Reply #6

what font is used for the word Elkarte?
Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:40:39 am by Xarcell

Reply #7

Quote from: meetdilip – May be it is just me, but I like the current favicon and Green-Black combination in light variant. I think we can bundle blue-black and green-black as different variants. Of course no default theme can satisfy everyone.

PS : My intention is not to downplay OPs helpful suggestion and the time spent for it.

It should match the default theme used. The default theme was changed recently and I was just offering to help out a little.

Reply #8

Quote from: Xarcell – what font is used for the word Elkarte?
Used "segoe ui bold" but I'm not sure if it's the right font for a logo..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #10

There is going to be a slight delay. Due to PC troubles, I have decided to do a factory restore on my windows 7 PC. I also intend to install Ubuntu. So need a few days until I can get back to this.

Reply #11

Apparently it's gonna take a day or so just to upload all my photos to the cloud, so I'll work on this in the meantime.

What about this?

Reply #12

Dunno, I tend to get used to what I see.

What I can say it that the horn is a bit... strange, it gives an ambiguous impression: I'm not sure if it is a horn or a kind of tree, probably because it's too vertical.

ETA: and sorry for the late reply.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Quoteor a kind of tree
Nah, not a tree.. a cactus.... probably a saguaro (hint, hint)..  :D

@Xarcell, sorry for my stupid comment that's an insider joke ..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #14

Cactus lol...

Now that you said that, I no longer see an unshedded elk horn, but rather a cactus. :P