Skip to main content
Topic: Elky Logo (Read 31965 times) previous topic - next topic

Elky Logo

I saw someone else moan about the moose in the elk logo. lol So I figured I'd doodle a little and get an elky looking thing in there anyway. I have two versions I'm working on. Here's the first. Will post the second if I can get it to look ok with the idea I'm working on.

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Re: Elky Logo

Reply #1

That's more like it.  :)

The Craw goes to find something else to moan about.
~((0040 + 0x20) + (0b111 << 1))
"You never said something, for me, to penny mention work a barbecue pit." ~ Gilligan

Reply #2

Quote from: The Craw – That's more like it.  :)

The Craw goes to find something else to moan about.

lol wasn't just you. It bothered me and quite a few other people from what I recall. Looks like my other idea isn't working so well. Was going to put the elkarte word between the horns. I just can't get the layout to work where the words are actually readable.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #3

I like the one you did make. It's perdy.  :P
~((0040 + 0x20) + (0b111 << 1))
"You never said something, for me, to penny mention work a barbecue pit." ~ Gilligan

Reply #4

Quote from: IchBin – I saw someone else moan about the moose in the elk logo.
LOL. Seems to be a translation issue  ;)  That animal you call a "moose" is named "Elch" in german.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Elgportraet_han_(Alces_alces).jpg
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #5

To us Europeans, moose and elk are much the same creature but to Americans, moose and elk are different creatures.

Reply #6

Nice, lol, thank you BinMan! :) So Elky now haz real horns!

...And there I was, thinking that we can get away with Norwegian Elkhound: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Elkhound
Hah!

Indeed our current logo was a first elky draft. Which of them Elks? That's a question, and you're welcome to make it per your vision on it. Lets improve this or other ideas, and adapt it to the color variations of the default theme.
We have set our collaborative development process on github. Go ahead. ;)

ETA: the American use of "Elk" is more Elky if you ask me, than the moose. IMHO.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #7

There's a definite difference here in America, and in particular in the states like mine that are known for hunting. Elk != Moose for sure. :)

Just put it up to see what everyone thought. I have a friend that is a graphics artist for his day job. He is really awesome at this stuff. I've been trying to convince him to come up with a logo for us. :) In the mean time, if I come up with anything else I'll post it and maybe commit it. :)

Reply #8

Quote from: IchBin – I have a friend that is a graphics artist for his day job. He is really awesome at this stuff. I've been trying to convince him to come up with a logo for us. :) In the mean time, if I come up with anything else I'll post it and maybe commit it. :)
cool, would be nice if we could get an SVG version, too :)
 TE want's an Elk shirt  :D
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #9

Why don't you just change the project name to MooseArt? No need for a new logo then.:D
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #10

An Elk is not a moose...

Reply #11

Since everyone was whipping up logos, I thought I'd whip one up. It is a vector done in illustrator, so it can be resized to any size without losing resolution, and can be saved as SVG if you want. Please ignore colors, it can easily be changed, I just wanted to see if the powers that be like the overall design. It is a unique design if you wanted to keep it for trademark purposes...

Reply #12

I did this one last night, just for fun.

Reply #14

Well I was bored with the blue moose. :P