Skip to main content
Topic: Watched threads search? (Read 4254 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Watched threads search?

Reply #15

Quote from: Bloc – So basically a search for any topic that you have posted in? ..plus maybe being interested in as well?(as in notified)

?action=mewantstolook  ;D

I was thinking all watched threads was a simple check, but posted + notified would return similar (but not identical) results.  You can watch threads you haven't posted in.  I think notify is something different, but a user could probably express interest in a thread either way, depending on whether they want emails about new posts or not.

Reply #16

It sounds more like "bookmarks" then. Topics you have an interest in, whether they are unread or not.

Not so bad idea really, bookmarking could be an easy way to maintain topics you like to re-visit, but not have to mark "read". An option to auto-bookmark topics you posted in perhaps, as well as auto-bookmark notified topics. And of course - being able to "un-bookmark" and/or "archive" them.

If they are shown like action=unread page, you could easily add any "new" marker on those that have unread replies too.

Reply #17

If threads where you've posted are automatically bookmarked, I think that concept would work.

In vbulletin 3.8x, the threads were displayed on a "Subscribed Threads section on the user profile (unread subscribed threads) and on their own page for a full list of all subscribed threads.

Many of our users used the subscribed threads page as a portal for the site.  Those are the threads they want to check on first thing, then they browse around to look at new threads they haven't seen before.