Skip to main content
Topic: Post bit suggestion  (Read 4220 times) previous topic - next topic

Post bit suggestion

Please comment on this. Though it says mod, I meant admin. Instead of buttons, different colours for different ranks.

Re: Post bit suggestion

Reply #2

I was thinking you could do this now in css, but I wouldn't know how to do add to a specific member group.

Reply #3

Quote from: Allan – I was thinking you could do this now in css, but I wouldn't know how to do add to a specific member group.

I think that will help implementing it in a better way. We will be able to allow users to choose any colour of their choice.

Reply #4

Dunno... yeah, it may be useful in some way, though I can imagine different people may want different ways of "highlight" the poster area?

One option that (at least for now) would give quite a bit of flexibility even for mods, could be to add a kind of "hook" to the area with the possibility to add custom classes, something like:
Code: [Select]
			echo '
<ul class="poster', !empty($message['member']['class']) ? ' ' . $message['member']['class'] : '', ">'

That would allow anyone (i.e. any addon) to add any class to that area.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Not that I would know how or where to apply that  :-[

Reply #6

Don't worry, actually this was an hypotheses for a change in the theme. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

That's Ema's way of saying this not good :P

Reply #8

Quote from: meetdilip – Unable upload. It says security check failed.
Thats strange that it took the other two files ... if you still have the old one could you add it to a zip and upload it, I'd like to take a look.   Image files get a sniff test for a few things and its been none to falsely trigger.

QuoteOne option that (at least for now) would give quite a bit of flexibility even for mods, could be to add a kind of "hook" to the area with the possibility to add custom classes, something like:
That looks like a good idea, at least an addon etc could style it then.   Be nice to tie it in with the ACP edit member group area, could always add a class field to that panel and let the user assign them just like the icons.

Reply #9

As a general suggestion, if a file you try to upload gives that warning, pack it into a zip and upload it again so that someone ( @Spuds ? :P) may have a look at it and see what is going wrong! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Thanks, I'll take a look  :D

Reply #12

I think I have this one figured out, will make an update so it does not happen again.  In this case it thought it had a flash signature in the file, and that's partly true but can be avoided.  Thanks for the file!

Reply #13

Happy about that  :)