Skip to main content
Topic: What are you watching? (Read 9336 times) previous topic - next topic

What are you watching?

After a tons of writing, just a useless topic for a bit of fun. :P

Just finished Army of Darkness, now watching Ashurajō no Hitomi... never heard of it, but seems nice. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: What are you watching?

Reply #1

Series finale of Misfits was very good. Season finale of South Park was pretty fun, too. And with a bittersweet ending, à la You're getting old (still my favorite episode of that show.)

Army of Darkness, been willing to watch this one for years, but I'd like to see the first two movies first, and I'm not thrilled about them, they seem to be bland. Then again, I'm also aware that one can watch the third one directly, so...

Reply #2

About to watch a little Haven, but the show jumped the shark this year.

Just finished with Fred Claus, what the heck was Vince Vaughn thinking :P  Well watching is a bit of a strong word, its just background noise.

Reply #3

currently watching gaki no tsukai batsu game 24 hours endurance tag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_zs5aAesV8
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #4

Quote from: Nao – Army of Darkness, been willing to watch this one for years, but I'd like to see the first two movies first, and I'm not thrilled about them, they seem to be bland. Then again, I'm also aware that one can watch the third one directly, so...
I saw it a long time ago, and I learned it was the third part of a trilogy just last year. LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

In a moment of lack of inspiration[1] I started watching again some old episode of Bleach... :-[
Trying to write some BS for a job application LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Bleach had its moments, yeah. But whenever I need a lift of spirit I always watch Tengen Toppa Gurrent Lagann. It's full of energy.

I don't have much time these days but I'm hoping to watch Steins;Gate movie and 2nd season of Monogatari series and Kuroko no Basket.

Reply #7

emanuele wanted to watch again the first "encounter" between Ichigo and Zaraki. ;D (well, TBH I wanted to watch the fight with Byakuya, but I found the one with Zaraki first... :P)

Row Row Fight The Powah!!
Yup TTGL is great and it's a long time I saw it last time. :(
There is just to skip that three/four episodes after... "the fact", that are kind of boring (even though it's perfectly understandable :)).

The last I followed almost in real time was Suisei no Gargantia, very nice. I also kept an eye on Shingeki no kyojin, but I didn't like it so much...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Quote from: emanuele –
 emanuele wanted to watch again the first "encounter" between Ichigo and Zaraki. ;D (well, TBH I wanted to watch the fight with Byakuya, but I found the one with Zaraki first... :P)

There are good scenes scattered all over those 300+ episodes, so it's difficult find the exact scene you're looking for. Thanks to guys at Wikipedia you can at least see the episode titles. I think I like the scene where he saves Rukia (for real) and the fight with Byakuya after that the most. The fights involving Grimmjow were pretty good too. Also, I always remember this whenever I see the older episodes:

http://www.zerochan.net/1033713

Quote from: emanuele – Row Row Fight The Powah!!
Yup TTGL is great and it's a long time I saw it last time. :(
There is just to skip that three/four episodes after... "the fact", that are kind of boring (even though it's perfectly understandable :)).

I think I re-watched the whole series 4-5 times. Certainly a great piece.

Quote from: emanuele – The last I followed almost in real time was Suisei no Gargantia, very nice. I also kept an eye on Shingeki no kyojin, but I didn't like it so much...

Haven't seen that but Shingeki no Kyojin was on my list. It seems to have caused lots of buzz, so I was actually pretty hopeful.

Reply #9

Quote from: [SiNaN] – Also, I always remember this whenever I see the older episodes:

http://www.zerochan.net/1033713
ROFL!!
So true, but true for so many titles!

Quote from: [SiNaN] – Haven't seen that but Shingeki no Kyojin was on my list. It seems to have caused lots of buzz, so I was actually pretty hopeful.
To say all the truth I am the only one at my forum that didn't like it... O_O

Yesterday I went to the cinema for Captain Harlock, not bad, but also not that good.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

I loved Shingeki but it has to be watched all in a row. Waiting for them weekly was painful so I collected the last 15 and watched them together with great pleasure. The soundtrack is the best I've heard since Madoka Magica. I still prefer the old Berserk show in all aspects but at least Shingeki has a chance to finish in a reasonable timeframe as the author is working hard on it.

Harlovk is my childhood hero! Didn't know it was also out in Italy. Cool! Too bad it's not a remake of Arcadia of my youth though. I would have been there to watch it. I've got two DVDs of it, no, three, and even the AnimEigo laserdisc!

Steins;Gate is a fantastic show but I was very let down by the movie. It's not bad. It just doesn't add anything. Even the extra episode they made last year was more interesting.

Reply #11

It's a while I'm watching Noein (not all the episodes, just one or two when I wake up early Saturday and Sunday, it's broadcast at that time of the day... meh), not liking it. Started watching Kill la Kill suggested on another forum... not liked that much either, at least the first two three episodes. Yeah funny, but not much more.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

I usually watch documentaries or reality shows. Like right now I'm watching all the TedTalks on Netflix. All I have is Netflix and YouTube. I don't even watch local television or have cable TV. I watch alot of Netflix/Youtube though, maybe 4 hours a day.

Some of my favorite reality shows are The Colony, Out Of Alaska/Out Of Venezuela, Destination Truth, Monster Quest, Finding Bigfoot, Ancient Aliens, and Fact or Faked.

Probably my favorite non-reality show is The Walking Dead.

The last year though I have seen all of Duck Dynasty, Chuck.

I watch a episode or two of Frasier almost everyday. Wife is currently watching Lost Girl, which I see bits & pieces of that.

Reply #13

Quote from: emanuele – Started watching Kill la Kill suggested on another forum... not liked that much either, at least the first two three episodes. Yeah funny, but not much more.
I'm waiting for that one to finish before I start watching. It seems to have a lot in common with TTGL. So I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Reply #14

Kill la kill is mostly reputed for its over the top animation. the director was involved in other similar projects such as Redline or Gurren Lagann...
Im also waiting for it to finish though!