Skip to main content
Topic: Error when sending PMs to multiple people? (Read 576 times) previous topic - next topic

Error when sending PMs to multiple people?

While sending a PM here in the forum, I added myself to the recipients ( don't ask why, I just did..  :undecided:   )

The messages went through, but I get a cryptic response error message

"array_combine(): Both parameters should have an equal number of elements"

I don't know if it's because I was sending to myself also, or if it's any multiple recipients.. but there you have it..

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Re: Error when sending PMs to multiple people?

Reply #1

Just tried to send test PM to you and my other account and got:

An Error Has Occurred
array_combine(): Both parameters should have an equal number of elements

Bug confirmed.

Reply #2

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it  :cool:

Reply #3

Quote from: Spuds – Thanks for the report, I'll look into it  :cool:

Another interesting little thing just now... since I had 3 PM's in my "inbox"  two from Burke Knight and one from Spuds, and I replied to Spuds first (that cleared the "New" flag on that one), and read the first one from Burke Knight (that , or perhaps clicking to read the third, cleared the new flag on the second, ), but after I read the third (and last new PM), the New flag and the New Message  icon count {1] remained displayed and wouldn't go away after I left the PM function. No matter how many times I went back and clicked the link in the display to "read it" it wouldn't clear. I had to go back, and start a reply, and THEN the New Message notifications cleared.  Didn't bother to send the reply after it cleared (I was going to ask Burke Knight if he dropped it in something sticky before sending it), I just exited the function without sending. 

Don't recall seeing that before, I'll keep an eye out in case it's repeatable.

I suspect that you have to do something else in the function after reading a message, but unless you're going to delete or reply to it there's nothing else to do except leave the function and that doesn't clear the NEW flag.., just clicking the link to read it doesn't do it,  nor does clicking on something else outside the message function after you read it  .. maybe we need a "I Read It Already, Dammit!" button or something :thinking: :grin:
Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 03:22:24 pm by Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //