Skip to main content
Topic: Knock knock! (Read 2779 times) previous topic - next topic

Knock knock!

Hello everyone! Been a long time since I've been here. And mostly that is because I was locked out of my account. haha I had setup an authenticator and then lost access to that after a phone change. As well I also stopped using my old domain which I assume my old account is still using the old email since I couldn't use the lost password. Which btw, I tried to setup another account with a gmail email and it would not send me the email verification. Never arrived and I didn't see anything in the spam folder. Hence why I'm posting in Site Feedback. :) My old account if you'd like to merge or give me access. :)

Good to see @Spuds still kicking the can down the road here! Emma still around? I'm seeing mostly Spuds in the git commits!

Re: Knock knock!

Reply #1

I think Gmails from the site are failing (rejected) due to ipv6 authentication issues, I don't remember all the details ATM.

Emma is still around, its the old R/L real job story !  Plus still lazy !  I have not had much time to  work on Elk in the last couple of months, to many summer projects I'm trying to finish:hammer:

I knew your old domain was gone or changed or ?? as your old avatar was served off and stopped working  It was a family business site?

Always tough to "give away" an old account, you could be a poseur:laughing:What is your favorite color ?

Reply #2

Quote from: Brado – Hello everyone! Been a long time since I've been here. And mostly that is because I was locked out of my account. haha I had setup an authenticator and then lost access to that after a phone change. As well I also stopped using my old domain which I assume my old account is still using the old email since I couldn't use the lost password.

Hope you're not into bitcoin... (at least you can drill into a safe if you lose the combination)  :tongue:
Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 03:20:39 pm by Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #3

Quote from: Spuds – I think Gmails from the site are failing (rejected) due to ipv6 authentication issues, I don't remember all the details ATM.

Emma is still around, its the old R/L real job story !  Plus still lazy !  I have not had much time to  work on Elk in the last couple of months, to many summer projects I'm trying to finish:hammer:

I knew your old domain was gone or changed or ?? as your old avatar was served off and stopped working  It was a family business site?

Always tough to "give away" an old account, you could be a poseur:laughing:What is your favorite color ?

Sorry it took so long for me to get back. Too many irons in the fire here.

How about the little known fact that I was the one who brought you into this whole mess at SMF? :laughing:  I was lead Customizer when you joined the chaos over there.  My old domain was ichbin.us and I let that go since I'm not really doing anything with it anymore.  Need any more clues? It looks like you are still in my google chat if that's not proof enough. haha

Reply #4

Quote from: Brado – had setup an authenticator and then lost access to that after a phone change.
I understand you very well, It also happened to me a couple of years back. I'm pretty sure Spuds will solve this.
Glad to see you around
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Sorry had to be away for a bit ...

Well I've got to say you look legit:smile_cat:

I've attempted to copy over your new credentials to the old ID ... In theory you should be able to use your original ID with whatever password was being used by this ID.  If that does not work the password recovery should work as I updated the original ID with the new email (and this ID has the now defunct email).  I have not transported my merge users utility to 2.0 so had to go about it in this fashion.

Good to see you around :partying_face: Hopefully your next post will be from your old ID !

Reply #7

Well no luck getting to the other account yet... It's asking me to verify the account again when trying the old login. It sends an email, I verify and click the link. Which it then asks me to input a new password. After clicking save, it shows in the attached image.

Reply #8

And I'm assuming I didn't get notifications because the email changed on this account. I'll try to remember to stop by soon. :D

Reply #9

That is odd ... I must have forgotten something  :shocked:  Going to take a look now.

Reply #10

Yay I'm in! Thanks Spuds for hooking me up!
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #11

That's great. Good to see you here @IchBin.

Reply #12

:partying_face: Awesome !