Skip to main content
Topic: A little disappointed... (Read 6522 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: A little disappointed...

Reply #15

Please don't forget about this, and probably should be moved from Chit Chat board
sorry for my bad english

Reply #16

In my results the topic is the first one, followed by the SP news.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

That's right, but it was not displayed first. I don't understand, I didn't do any modifications. I'll do other tests and let you know
sorry for my bad english

Reply #18

If I were to guess, I'd say that the SP news is indexed first because it's the home page (at the first moment), while the topic is something "deeper", so it may take a little more to be found.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

The topic appears first to me.

Reply #20

I did other tests with other topics and everything  seems fine, the "problem"  was that the topic was in home page as a news block and was indexed quickly. 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #21

I hope we're staying up on this.  Google indexing our sites should be a high priority , right up there with security I would think.  Without Googles help, our forums will suffer.  Visitors,  (becoming members hopefully) are the lifeblood of a forum. 

Relating to my other post in another thread I just made,  I was with "Chocolate" forum script, because at least every post was showing up in Google.  That was my main reason for using that forum software.
Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:27:07 pm by elk_is_cool

Reply #22

I just took a random snippet from a post that Emanuelle made 4 months ago and it is NOT showing up in Google, below is the snippet:

"I wake up this morning and I couldn't find the topic so I was wondering"

That's a little disappointing....I really want conversations from my forums to show in Google.  
Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:40:44 pm by elk_is_cool

Reply #23

Quote from: elk_is_cool – I just took a random snippet from a post that Emanuelle made 4 months ago and it is NOT showing up in Google, below is the snippet:

"I wake up this morning and I couldn't find the topic so I was wondering"

That's a little disappointing....I really want conversations from my forums to show in Google. 
the mentioned post of @emanuele was indexed in 7 Jan 2017
and this post of yours was indexed in 7 Feb 2017

since the forum uses 1.1 RC 1 , was any fixes applied for this in the new version and my 1.0.9 is missing it ?