Skip to main content
Topic: EARLY Beta version of 2.0  (Read 11886 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: EARLY Beta version of 2.0

Reply #105

Should be easy enough to do :D

The slightly more difficult one was the dark variant (that is already available) but that was because of all the changes to shadows and text colors.

Reply #106

I understand the darkness only when it surrounds me... Scary...  :sweat:

Reply #107

Quote from: Spuds – The slightly more difficult one was the dark variant (that is already available) but that was because of all the changes to shadows and text colors.

That was always an issue for me, when theme editing for my sites.

Reply #108

Spuds, I think darkness is causing bugs to EA 2.0 notification system.

Really I only get one notification at a time for my above post though they should be there like when you and BK like them. Means just now, after I see notification that you liked my post, but not BK, and click on it which goes to my post, but when I click back to notification, there notification that BK liked my post appear. I believe they should be all in notification page when I opened it at the first instance but they were not.

Did I wrote the above sentence clearly and made any sense?  :undecided:

Reply #109

Quote from: ahrasis – I believe they should be all in notification page when I opened it at the first instance but they were not.

They were for me. I'm using the dark and I get multiple notifications.

Besides, I don't think that'd be a color variant issue, if it's on the notification page.
Sounds more like a hiccup on the notifications system.

Reply #110

Quote from: ahrasis – Did I wrote the above sentence clearly and made any sense?
I do understand what you are saying :D

I have not seen that behavior but I'll do some testing/checking.  Like @Burke Knight said, probably not a theme issue, but I'll be switching to that variant to test since that is a difference setup for me.

Thanks for the report!

Reply #111

Added manifest creation so a webmanifest "file" is generated for the site
Added PWA / Progressive Web App see https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=6318 for details

Reply #112

Afterthought. Is it possible to have content and edit history of a post logged, even if it is deleted at the end?

Reply #113

Another refresh ....  :cool:

Another batch of bug fixes such as
 - after you entered the wrong password and then entered the correct one you would get a session timed out error.
 - when sending a PM to multiple members, of which more than one had email notify and PBE was enabled .. error (after everything sent)
 - various other ones like the above, hard to find !

Removed the email user function.  This was a different from the share topic email that I previous removed.  This one, for member who had allow other to email me, opened a form and sent an email, and in some cases revealed the email.  Anyway this (and that option) have all been removed, the only members who can see or send an email (via mailto: action) are moderators with permission.  This cleaned up several areas (profile, member list, rss feeds, search, etc)

Add a drop-up option to some hidden menus.  For example the buttons on a topic display Quote | Quick Edit | Like | More the More button used to drop down which was often off screen.  Now it drops-up which IMO makes more sense since you are most often reading the post and there is room above then the button not below.

Lots of other little css and JS fixes (with more jquery removal) and other tweaks ....

Reply #114

Another bump

- Several more bugs fixed, such as search by board not working when using a custom index
- Coppa not really working
- Error sending PM to multi recipients
- Full ILA image inline shown as thumbnail in preview
- Many other annoyances  :wink:

In terms of new/updated features, several changes have been made to notifications, I'll outline those in a separate post.