Skip to main content
Topic: [1.0.10] Delete users via maintenance doesn't work (Read 2836 times) previous topic - next topic

[1.0.10] Delete users via maintenance doesn't work

In the admin area I can delete users who don't login since x days or who don't activated their account.

But there's no way to delete users who registered but never logged in, right? Why not?  ;)

Re: delete users never logged in

Reply #1

If you go to ACP -> Members > View All Members, you can order the memberlist by "Last online" so you will have on the first pages the members who never logged in, select all then delete. Not exactly what you are asking but does the job ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

Thanks... But now:

It seems the function in the ACP maintenance section to delete users last logged in before 365 days does not work! I deleted all users whom doesn't logged in the last 365 days and when I now look at the list you said, a bunch of users were last online in 2010 for example. The total number of users doesn't change also when I delete users via maintenance.

It seems to be a bug in 1.0.10.

Re: [1.0.10] Delete users via maintenance doesn't work

Reply #3

Can anyone test it with 1.1.x and a test user?

Reply #4

Not working on 1.1.3 , no user was deleted
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Thanks, radu!

Reply #6

Quote from: radu81 – If you go to ACP -> Members > View All Members, you can order the memberlist by "Last online" so you will have on the first pages the members who never logged in, select all then delete. Not exactly what you are asking but does the job ;)

No, it does not!  :o

The user is somehow deleted, somehow not. See the thread below, where the thread starting user "Tiapa" was deleted using your method. The user is now no guest as he should be after being deleted. This is a bug too imo.

https://forum-alternative-antriebe.de/index.php/topic,669.0.html

Great, now I have about 20 of this deleted, but not users in my board.  ::)

Reply #7

I did a test on 1.1.3 and I am able to delete never logged in members and also normal members. I cannot test it on 1.0.x right now but if could be useful I can restore an old backup or install a clean forum and test it.

What  do you mean by "somehow deleted, somehow not"? Seems fine to me on your forum.

=== edit ===

As a guest, when you mouse over the deleted member name it says "gespeichert" which translated is "Connected". This hasn't much sense and probably shouldn't exist but the member is correctly deleted. I also see this behavior on my test forum and here on elkarte (go to https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3376.0 in incognito mode or not logged in, there is a deleted member in that topic)

Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:51:19 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #8

Quote from: radu81 – As a guest, when you mouse over the deleted member name it says "gespeichert" which translated is "Connected". This hasn't much sense and probably shouldn't exist but the member is correctly deleted. I also see this behavior on my test forum and here on elkarte (go to https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3376.0 in incognito mode or not logged in, there is a deleted member in that topic)

"Gespeichert" means "saved". That's the IP adress your are not seeing.  ;)

Okay, the result seems the same, but is not. When I delete a member via his profile page, beneath his members name in his posts a little "guest" status is shown. When I delete a member via the ACP members page, this guest status is not shown. But it should be, before I can delete dozens of members.

You can see the difference when clicking on my example and yours.