ElkArte Community

Elk Development => Bug Reports => Exterminated Bugs => Topic started by: firepages on February 01, 2019, 02:54:46 am

Title: Fresh Install upgrade fail
Post by: firepages on February 01, 2019, 02:54:46 am
Hi, I have just downloaded and installed v1-1-5 on ubuntu with PHP7.2

install appeared flawless but then instead of redirecting to the forum or admin pages redirected instead to to  'ElkArte Upgrade Utility' , i put in username and password and end up with...
Code: [Select]
Database Changes
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing: "" (0 of )

Database Updates Complete! Click Continue to Proceed.

Clicking continue does nothing, no errors, nothing in db_last_error.txt .

I manually set maintenance mode to '0' in Settings.php but still end up redirected to /install
Title: Re: Fresh Install upgrade fail
Post by: ahrasis on February 01, 2019, 02:56:38 am
Remove /install
Title: Re: Fresh Install upgrade fail
Post by: firepages on February 01, 2019, 02:57:45 am
LOL , perhaps I was prompted ... but did not see ?  if I rename\remove install/  folder I end up in the forum.

So bug is probably now  :) that it might be good for a message instead for wombats like me to be displayed telling me to delete\rename the folder rather than leave me in an apparent upgrade loop.
Title: Re: Fresh Install upgrade fail
Post by: firepages on February 01, 2019, 02:58:07 am

:) cheers, you posted as I found it.
Title: Re: Fresh Install upgrade fail
Post by: ahrasis on February 01, 2019, 05:12:28 am
There is such message i.e. it depends on your web server. Some can delete automatically, some cannot.
Title: Re: Fresh Install upgrade fail
Post by: emanuele on February 02, 2019, 01:48:59 pm
Welcome to elk.net!

Yep, a message is there, but apparently is not big enough for many people. xD
Anyway there is also some changes to avoid moving to upgrade after having just finished the install, but I think they were pushed only to development and not to 1.1... should check.
In the meantime I'll move that one out of bug reports. :)