Skip to main content
Topic: So that we remember (or at least I don't forget :P) (Read 11042 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: So that we remember (or at least I don't forget :P)

Reply #15

QuoteI split the template/theme crap because I know nothing about them and I like to keep my topics clean.
Your new years resolution is to be mean :P 

QuoteBut the general question is: does it make sense?
I think it makes sense yes ... but we need the test monkey to chime in since I'm not sure what is currently being done with the attachments function in terms of additional refactoring.  Makes no sense putting time in to code that may not be used or can't be merged in or just has to be rewritten to fit the new paradigm ... well other than for your own enjoyment :) 
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:24:13 pm by Spuds

Reply #16

Quote from: Spuds –
QuoteI split the template/theme crap because I know nothing about them and I like to keep my topics clean.
Your new years resolution is to be mean :P 
 emanuele is innocent O:-)

Quote from: Spuds –
QuoteBut the general question is: does it make sense?
I think it makes sense yes ... but we need the test monkey to chime in since I'm not sure what is currently being done with the attachments function in terms of additional refactoring.  Makes no sense putting time in to code that may not be used or can't be merged in or just has to be rewritten to fit the new paradigm ... well other than for you own enjoyment :) 
 emanuele reminds Spuds of what he can do just for fun. 8)

BTW, yes I'm not sure about anything so better ask! :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

I've missed this discussion, sorry. Or rather, I missed the occurence here, but we had it already on github in fact. O:-)

Thanks for playing around with them. It makes sense, as far as I can see, to handle attachments errors in a separate class. My only issue is that it should be a subclass of error_context, but at the moment I don't have a good way to refactor context() for it (I was reviewing that code from web interface only atm). Methinks it's better if you pull in the code and we'll see if we tweak it further.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.