Skip to main content
Topic: Changing the default color sheme? (Read 11002 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Changing the default color sheme?

Reply #15

I didn't say I believed it, I said I was reminded of it ;) There are times when the two do not go together very well.

Reply #16

The problem isn't the colors, but the saturation. You got a strong blue against a weak green/grey. It would be better to lighten the blue or darken the green. Backgrounds tend to be very sensitive to much saturation though, taking the limelight, so a light grey with just a hint of green might work. But you can also use gradients or even a lightsource-type background to make it look better.

Colorsets are ok enough - but only useful if you are confident at putting matching colors together yourself in the first place. A person untrained in that can make a disaster of the best matched colorset in the world.

Reply #17

...interesting... - BUT! The Elk is a total win! :D

PR it please! :D

ETA: uh-huh attachments lost at edit action - looking into it.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #18

Quote from: TestMonkey – ...interesting... - BUT! The Elk is a total win! :D
ETA: uh-huh attachments lost at edit action - looking into it.
Here we go... ;D It was just a working draft, can make a better version if you really like it  :P
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #19

Looks like a Dinosaur, that could be some spin...

Reply #20

Also looks a bit like a howling basset hound (nose at top right, ear flying out to the left). Could make an awesome Rorschach test.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #21

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich –
Quote from: TestMonkey – ...interesting... - BUT! The Elk is a total win! :D
Here we go... ;D It was just a working draft, can make a better version if you really like it  :P

Please, have at it. I committed it already, for the site to have it too. It's up to your vision of ElkArte :)
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #22

It's the same blue you used in the Elk logo I stole, right?

http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/69661/The_Sketch

Or, if you will, I has a ...good name! Can't resist it :D
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/49963/let_them_eat_cake
Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:45:45 pm by TestMonkey

Reply #23

She didn't actually say that. What she said was "Let them eat brioche".

Reply #24

One problem with these palettes is that they come with licensing restrictions. So although they can give a good indication of usable combinations, I don't think we should rely exactly on any of them.

ETA: Was just playing with some of them. Meh. I'm gonna sort all the structural shiz first. Worry about colours last. :P
Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:01:43 pm by Antechinus

Reply #25

Whatever you folks choose, I'd love it if we cans experriment with *no blue*, or, rather, no light blue. Reason is, is probably a very good choice, but everybody doez it :P

Reply #26

Quote from: Antechinus – One problem with these palettes is that they come with licensing restrictions. So although they can give a good indication of usable combinations, I don't think we should rely exactly on any of them.
I agree, but please lets consider this a non-issue ("pin it down somewhere and forget it for the moment"), and play freely with anything. If you find the best combo on earth, and need anything (i.e. permission), please let me know, and open it for discussion on the specific case.

Reply #27

Yeah agree. I was basically saying that we should not get stuck on one that is "ZOMFG the best combo ever!". There will always be umpteen combos that will work, so I'm all in favour of messing around.

Would be happy to skip pale blue too. Totally dropped it in my guinea pig theme, and nobody misses it.

Reply #28

I approve of the new elk up top. :)

Reply #29

svg version.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.