Skip to main content
Topic: CurveClassic? (Read 7271 times) previous topic - next topic

CurveClassic?

Just a short question: any chance to drop CurveClassic completely? Hey, this is Elk, not SMF  :P
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Re: CurveClassic?

Reply #1

I second the motion.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #2

Its actually not even in SMF 2.1 :P

I had kept curve (curve classic) updated simply to help me with debugging things ... you know when Ant goes in with a hatchet, its sometimes hard to determine what things were used for, why and where, and if they are still indeed needed.

No need to keep it in the distro at release / beta IMO (assuming we get some additional progress on the default theme), but I do use it to help figure stuff out from time to time thats all.

Reply #3

Quote from: Spuds – ..........................assuming we get some additional progress on the default theme)..........................

Well hey, it's open source innit. ;D

At the moment, my spare time is taken up with sorting the interface on the site I run. You know, the one that has to work now.

Reply #4

Yup thats why I said "we"  O:-)

Reply #5

If ya wanna know (or even if you don't) given the non-standard nature of the site in question I just know it'll probably have to run the current software for the rest of the year. This is simply because of community expectations of stability and usability, combined with the requirement to sort all sorts of non-standard stuff for its replacement before said replacement gets implemented live.

Current interface desperately needed upgrading to modern standards (including mobile support) and of course that is proving to be more work than initially anticipated. I am getting some very cool ideas out of it though, so it may end up being useful here anyway, at least to some extent.