Skip to main content
Topic: Code/code design/architecture documentation (Read 6255 times) previous topic - next topic

Code/code design/architecture documentation

Quote from: TestMonkey – (05:59:47 PM) Norv: >> (03:57:49 PM) emanuele: Norv, a question: does it still make sense to keep the poll template in its own file? (now that I changed it to a sub_template)
(05:59:47 PM) Norv: IMHO, yes. Definitely, I'd prefer we keep things separated in implementation/files/structure, for a feature like polls.
(06:00:23 PM) Norv: (and separate some of the implementation, more, from action_post() code)
(06:01:38 PM) Norv: (same for subs dedicated more to polls and everything about them; give or take some inter-relations)

I intended to address questions like this, in the documentation of code design/architecture, even as files/folders structure, here:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/wiki/Architecture
Okay... skimming it, it doesn't address it already, huh? Can we make better code documentation on aspects like this? Me is not that good with writing about, even if I do it almost all the time, hah.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.