Skip to main content
Topic: Collapse & expand of Categories and Shoutbox (Read 4604 times) previous topic - next topic

Collapse & expand of Categories and Shoutbox

Hello!

I am using the same shoutbox in forum and portal.

If I collapse one of them, the other one should be or stay collapsed too, but the shoutbox is always expand if I go from forum to portal or back from portal to forum. The shoutbox expands every time again, even if both shoutboxes are collapsed.

If the shoutbox is collapsed in forum and I am going to collapse a categorie there, then the shoutbox will expand again.

Edit:

Maybe it is again something with the language files. ::)  I get messages in the error log, if I collapse the shoutbox or the categories:

QuoteUndefined index: time
Heute um 11:35
http://ea.XXX.de/index.php?action=forum
Datei: /var/www/XXX/html/ea/themes/default/languages/german/Post.german.php (boardindex_outer_below sub template - eval?)
Zeile: 306      

Undefined index: link
Heute um 11:35
http://ea.XXX.de/index.php?action=forum
Datei: /var/www/XXX/html/ea/themes/default/languages/german/Post.german.php (boardindex_outer_below sub template - eval?)
Zeile: 306

2. Edit: I have disabled the shoutbox now. There are no errors in the log if I collapse a category.
Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:17:49 am by Ruth

Re: Collapse & expand of Categories and Shoutbox

Reply #1

First thing: admin > configuration > server > general
and tick the "disable the template evaluation" function (maybe @Jorin can tell you what the German translation is :)).
Then try to reproduce the errors in the log.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I have done this, emanuele. No more errors in the log, if I collapse a category or the shoutbox, great. ;)

But this is still the same:

QuoteIf I collapse one of them, the other one should be or stay collapsed too, but the shoutbox is always expand if I go from forum to portal or back from portal to forum. The shoutbox expands every time again, even if both shoutboxes are collapsed.

If the shoutbox is collapsed in forum and I am going to collapse a categorie there, then the shoutbox will expand again.

Reply #3

Sounds like a bug to me, I'll have to look in to that to check on that save state in the portal

Reply #4

Quote from: Ruth – I have done this, emanuele. No more errors in the log, if I collapse a category or the shoutbox, great. ;)
I was referring to the errors you reported in the log.
After you have changed that setting the errors will change, please report the new error message. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

There are no new errors in the log, emanuele...and the old ones did not change.

Reply #6

I found an error in the portal.js (well really its in script.js) that was preventing the saving of the collapse state of portal blocks.  In portal.js find:

Code: (find) [Select]
elk_setThemeOption(sp_sides[id], mode ? 0 : 1, null);
Code: (replace) [Select]
elk_setThemeOption(sp_sides[id], mode ? 0 : 1, null, null);
and
Code: (find) [Select]
elk_setThemeOption("sp_block_" + id, mode ? 0 : 1, null);
Code: (replace) [Select]
elk_setThemeOption("sp_block_" + id, mode ? 0 : 1, null, null);

Reply #7

I am so sorry, emanuele...I don't understand you.  :-[

Maybe @Jorin can look at this. I have never done this before "disable the template evaluation" , it was the first time

Reply #8

@Ruth  Please send me links to the posts as a message so I can't forget this... O:-)

Reply #9

Quote from: Ruth – I am so sorry, emanuele...I don't understand you.  :-[
Don't worry, never mind. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.