Skip to main content
Topic: Search not working (Read 6309 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Search not working

Reply #15

@b4pjoe can you try admin > maintenance > routine > "find and repair any error"?
It may simply be that the log_search_subjects table has not been populated during the conversion...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Quote from: emanuele – @b4pjoe can you try admin > maintenance > routine > "find and repair any error"?
It may simply be that the log_search_subjects table has not been populated during the conversion...

Emanuele...that seems to have fixed it. It showed a lot of errors and I clicked it to fix them and the search now finds those topics when I search as an admin or as a member of that group. Thank you!

Reply #17

You are welcome! :D
It may be worth adding the check to a scheduled task...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

Was it an imported board? Maybe we should add that task to the importer..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #19

That was another option I thought, the nuisance with adding it to the importer is code duplication, unless we start to rely on the destination forum for some functions (if it is possible).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #20

Quote from: TE – Was it an imported board? Maybe we should add that task to the importer..

Yes, all of my boards were imported over from SMF and I haven't created any new ones since then.

Reply #21

Quote from: emanuele – try admin > maintenance > routine > "find and repair any error"?

Thanks for this. I was just starting to debug my imported test forum's completely broken search function. This is now part of my SOP when upgrading.

Reply #22

Yup.
I wonder if the importer/upgrader should try itself to do a "find and repair errors" just before starting the process.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

A message/link in the final confirmation would be a simple step. In the generic sense, each target platform might require different "post import" steps that could be referenced in the confirmation.

Reply #24

Quote from: emanuele – Yup.
I wonder if the importer/upgrader should try itself to do a "find and repair errors" just before starting the process.
I think a link recommending that it be done and ask if you would like to do it now. Then, at the end, do another check and list out any issues that come up.