Skip to main content
Topic: Help! Like Button Not Displaying (Read 1904 times) previous topic - next topic

Help! Like Button Not Displaying

Hello support,

Please i would need your help on this. My like button only displays for me, the admin. if i log in as a regular user, it doesn't display.

I have tried all the options of enabling persmissions, creating new boards and enabling all permissions, and even changing themes, but still the problem persists.

Any hope?

Awaiting your reply.

Chris.

Re: Help! Like Button Not Displaying

Reply #1

You have to set the proper permission “Like other users' posts“ for the related membergroup, IIRC.
Admin- members - Permissions -Click the modify link for regular members
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

Quote from: TE – You have to set the proper permission “Like other users' posts“ for the related membergroup, IIRC.
Admin- members - Permissions -Click the modify link for regular members

I Did that TE and it still doesn't show the button. I can give you admin access to my forum to confirm this.

Reply #3

If its a new setup, and the members don't have any post count, then they might not see the like button.

Check under admin-> features and options -> likes

There is a setting labeled "Set the minimum number of posts a member needs in order to like a post "  I think it may default to 5 ?  Make sure you are looking with a member that has a post count > than that number or set it to 0 if you like

Reply #4

thanks @Spuds you are a life saver.