Skip to main content
Topic: Post Count, Membergroup, Join Date, etc. in Posts Under Avatar (Read 3721 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Count, Membergroup, Join Date, etc. in Posts Under Avatar

I think the popup that appears when you scroll over a member's handle in posts is a cool touch; but I guess I'm still pretty old school, and like having all of that info visible without having the pop up.

I didn't see an option to be able to enable/disable the popup so that the info could be visible by default. Am I missing it?

On a relative note; I think what @Spuds did here with one of his themes is pretty awesome (attached image), and it would be great if that was eventually an option (add-on maybe? ) someday.

Re: Post Count, Membergroup, Join Date, etc. in Posts Under Avatar

Reply #1

Quote from: br360 – I didn't see an option to be able to enable/disable the popup so that the info could be visible by default. Am I missing it?
Nope, there isn't any.
The theme is born to be simple.
I thought there was something, but I can't find it at the moment.

Quote from: br360 – On a relative note; I think what @Spuds did here with one of his themes is pretty awesome (attached image), and it would be great if that was eventually an option (add-on maybe? ) someday.
I agree, it's pretty nice!
Why don't you use that theme? :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

LOL, because I just spent a couple of hours dismembering the css in the besocial theme to fit my liking.

Honestly though; I did try to install that theme, but nothing happened. It installed and is listed in my theme choices in look and layout- but when I choose that theme and save changes in my profile, it is still the same besocial theme- minus all the images.

Reply #3

Haha.. You should report that to @Spuds then. He might to revisit that theme package.

Reply #4

I remember the theme, but I don't remember which one it is... :-[
And, if I remember correctly, that theme is based on besocial, so it should be somehow easy to apply the changes you have already made. ;) (Did you use by change custom.css? If so it may be just as easy as to copy the file to the new theme directory.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

No, didn't use custom.css- I made edits to the index_besocial.css file itself.

I saw mention of custom.css in that thread but not exactly sure how that would work. I guess it's something like xen's extra.css but not sure how to use it so that any custom edits would work on any theme; without having to add all the new edits into the besocial.css file itself.

Reply #6

Btw, you could just rip off the stuff from the popup window and add them below the poster stuff to have them show up without the popup.
Also... Hi br360, it's Ninja from sm.org ;) aka the renegade bas.tard ;D (dat censor, lol, you can't beat meh)
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #7

Quote from: Flavio93Zena – Btw, you could just rip off the stuff from the popup window and add them below the poster stuff to have them show up without the popup.
Also... Hi br360, it's Ninja from sm.org ;) aka the renegade bas.tard ;D (dat censor, lol, you can't beat meh)

Hey Flavio, what's up man?

I've been playing around with it, but removing the pop up and replacing the poster info under the avatar has been a little tricky so far.

Reply #8

@br360
How's it going?
Hope all is well with you.

I had moved some stuff, on WebMaster's Haven, but at the same time, you need to be careful, as it can mess up the layout on the mobile views.

Reply #9

Hey @Burke Knight how are you?

Quote from: Burke Knight – I had moved some stuff, on WebMaster's Haven, but at the same time, you need to be careful, as it can mess up the layout on the mobile views.

Oh yeah...and then there's that too I have to remember. ;)

Reply #10

I don't have an elkarte installation with FTP access available at the moment so I cannot really try to do it :/ Will have a look later if I can get one up and running for destroying purposes ;D
Btw doing fine, hope you are good as well! :)
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #11

If I'm not wrong a better documentation of custom.css is on the todo list...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.