Skip to main content
Topic: Like Posts in Read Only Boards (Read 1565 times) previous topic - next topic

Like Posts in Read Only Boards

Not too sure if this is a feature discussion, or actually a bug report.
People are unable to like posts in Read Only boards.
I have several boards that are read only, for a Knowledge Base, but would still like the members to Like the posts. ;)

Also, while mentioning this, reminds me of another idea.

Guest Liking. What would be the cons of allowing guests to like posts?
In the display, it could have Guest (3) or just Guests, when seeing the people that liked the post.
Just an idea. :)

Re: Like Posts in Read Only Boards

Reply #1

Quote from: Burke Knight – Not too sure if this is a feature discussion, or actually a bug report.
People are unable to like posts in Read Only boards.
I have several boards that are read only, for a Knowledge Base, but would still like the members to Like the posts. ;)
I think this is just a permissions "problem".

Create a new permission profile based on "Read only" (admin > members > permissions > edit profiles => "new profile"), then modify the permissions of that profile (clicking on the name and "modify" the group you want to change) and add the permission to like posts. Finally, assign that new profile to the boards that are read-only.

Quote from: Burke Knight – Guest Liking. What would be the cons of allowing guests to like posts?
In the display, it could have Guest (3) or just Guests, when seeing the people that liked the post.
The usual about abuse of the function.
The only reasonable way to prevent guests from like an infinite number of times something is to use cookies and an anti-flood IP-based. But are not really reliable methods and would lead to posts liked just because they are trapped in spam nets.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.