Skip to main content
Topic: [regression] - quick edit of messageicons (Read 5200 times) previous topic - next topic

[regression] - quick edit of messageicons

Just to have it tracked: since the default icon disappeared from the display, then it's impossible to change the icon of a message from display when it has the default icon assigned, you have to edit the message (with modify, not even with the quickedit), while it is possible when the icon is not the default.

If it is a concern I'd suggest to add back somehow the icon to the quickiedit form.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: [regression] - quick edit of messageicons

Reply #1

Right... Quickedit looks so... empty.

TestMonkey waits for Ant to say it's 'quick' :P
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #2

Quote from: TestMonkey – Right... Quickedit looks so... empty.

TestMonkey waits for Ant to say it's 'quick' :P
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #3

Side note... It's true I didn't wake up well yet (pssst), but. http://www.spudsdesign.com/dialogo/index.php?topic=8.msg65#msg65
There is something confusing about their position or order methinks.......

What if we disable Spellcheck by default, and let it be re-enabled by each user in their profile? Only three buttons will be a shorter row.
Or, how about switching Save draft with Preview? Probably not...
Or, Post > Preview > Save draft > Spell check. Perhaps.

Reply #4

Also (and now Ant will kill me) removing the subject from each post is not that helpful as I thought the first time I've seen it...I was used to read the subject of the topic from the message, now I have either to move the mouse over the date and wait until the tooltip appears or scroll all the way up (or down for the linktree).

emanuele runs!!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Just to try to save my life: are messageicons really ****so**** important? Can't we just remove them altogether? (keep them maybe for the topic as a whole...)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

I agree about the topic. I've already mentioned it over here: http://www.spudsdesign.com/dialogo/index.php?topic=8.msg142#msg142

I'd be fine with either ditching message icons, or with having them in the quick edit. TBH I do kinda like them. Thye're not necessary but IMO they are a nice touch.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P