Skip to main content
Topic: Drag and drop board management (Read 9628 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Drag and drop board management

Reply #15

Maybe group the boardnames better so you see all/most boards. Then maybe apply a dropdown list next to each board with links to move before/after/under each board in same category,and just move to top place of another category(to limit the number of places in the dropdown list)

Much like editing a single board, but for all. That combined with a easy numbering scheme I feel would be interesting to work with.

Drag'n drop for all admin sections I would surely hate lol. 

Reply #16

In the admin for boards, make categories collapsed by default. Drag & drop categories to the location you want. To move boards within a category, expand that category, and move boards around. If you have a board in "Category A" that you want to move to "Category B", expand "Category A" so that you can see your board. Then, drag & drop the board into "Category B". Then expand Category B to arrange the order of the boards via drag & drop.

This would be ideal for mobile devices, because in a mobile device expanding or having all boards showing may not be ideal, or fit on screen. In addition, there should be a button to click(arrange) that turns drag & drop on/off, which makes it easier for mobile/touch devices.

Reply #17

Quote from: Bloc – Maybe group the boardnames better so you see all/most boards. Then maybe apply a dropdown list next to each board with links to move before/after/under each board in same category,and just move to top place of another category(to limit the number of places in the dropdown list)

Much like editing a single board, but for all. That combined with a easy numbering scheme I feel would be interesting to work with.

Drag'n drop for all admin sections I would surely hate lol.

What areas would be a problem for you?

Reply #18

Spuds did this.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.