Skip to main content
Topic: Incorrect database name (Read 1838 times) previous topic - next topic

Incorrect database name

This is with regards to repair_settings.php tool which I am trying to use for 1.1 Beta 3. I was wondering why it only displays "Incorrect database name". The name is correct in Settings.php.

Re: Incorrect database name

Reply #1

Ooops
I lost few topics. Sorry.

hmm... I guess repair_settings requires a bit of love... it's a while I don't try it.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

It is working fine up to 1.0.9 and I don't see why the repair_settings.php shouldn't work for 1.1 branch unless code changes in 1.1 cause this.

Reply #3

Okay, give me a bit more context: is it a new install? An upgraded one? If the latter, did you duplicate an existing installation? If so, did you fix paths and db name/pwd?
Because there are certain conditions in which repair settings is currently known to choke and fail if paths are wrong (I seem to remember, there should be a bug report somewhere... I hope).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: emanuele – Because there are certain conditions in which repair settings is currently known to choke and fail if paths are wrong (I seem to remember, there should be a bug report somewhere... I hope).
we discussed about in the italian forum Emanuele, as I said repair-settings worked fine for me with 1.0.x version, the only thing I fixed manually was the paths for attachments folders.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – Okay, give me a bit more context: is it a new install? An upgraded one? If the latter, did you duplicate an existing installation? If so, did you fix paths and db name/pwd?
An upgraded one I guess but I didn't duplicate an existing installation and I didn't fix any paths and db name/pwd.

It simply do not work and shows only the above error which do not come from any string inside the said file.

I haven't tested it with freshly installed 1.1 beta 3 but I think the result will only be the same. I'll try and post that later.

Note: I kinda use it most of the time to remove all hooks in 1.0.9.