Skip to main content
Topic: Simple Audio Video Embedder - 90+ Sites (Read 22883 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Simple Audio Video Embedder - 90+ Sites

Reply #45

The link is just under the video : https://youtu.be/pm9yz2mKLn0
But i just see now it's not youtube but youtu.be !
I try with a real link from youtube ans comme back.
Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:37:33 am by augras

Reply #48

Hi,
Both are working, but i remember there was like a window banner with the name of the video site and you could open or close as you wanted : this banner is no more present are it's my memory
Thank's,
Philippe

Reply #49

That would be in the settings area for the mod. You can check and uncheck which sites you want to embed.

Reply #50

I found an exemple about what i mean :

- banner opened
Screenshot 2022-01-20 18.21.18.png

- banner closed
Screenshot 2022-01-20 18.25.07.png

With this new version the banner is not here

Reply #51

That banner is part of the built in ElkArte video embed (which is only for youtube, Vimeo and DM)  Lets do a test and see if it still works on 2.0 with all the other changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNYWl13IWhY

Reply #52

Thanks a lot : i thought this banner was with Simple Audio Embedder and didn't understoud why i got it sometimes, a few times, but not always.
Sorry @vbgamer45 !

Reply #53

When I tick in the settings to get the original link under the video, with a youtube video il don't get the link but the video with the banner, and the video is displayed twice :
Capture.JPG

Reply #54

I'm not using this add-on, but I guess you can solve that by disabling Enable auto-embedding of video links option in Admin > Forum > Post & Topic
sorry for my bad english

Reply #55

You are right @radu81 : thank you.
I didn't remember changing anything between the old version and this update, but this option is not compatible with the addon and it makes sense.

Reply #56

Hi everyone. I installed the oembed addon and modified the jquery_embed.js to embed BitChute and a few other video platforms. While testing it I started thinking about a more efficient way of accomplishing the same thing. For one, the oembed php script is executed on every forum page load and requests two pages for each link on the forum page. It'd be more efficient to execute the cURL once (when the link is posted on the forum) instead of each time the forum page is loaded. (idk which files I need to modify to do that, was hoping for some guidance here)

Also... I like the oembed technology in principle but some sites either aren't using it or aren't serving the files as valid json. So instead of scraping for the oembed link in the videopage (2 requests), perhaps just scrape the metadata in the videopage (from metatags &/or json-ld block) and save it in the post (1 request).

Also, also, I was thinking about scraping for this metadata on every link, not just for the purposes of embedding videos, and on top of that, submitting the posted url to the internet archive and including the archived link with the original in the post.

Reply #57

Quote from: Atlas – idk which files I need to modify to do that, was hoping for some guidance here
\sources\subs\Post.subs.php?

Reply #58

Update!

+Added support for embedding remote pdf files links that end in .pdf
+Added support for YouTube Shorts
+Added support for fb.watch

Reply #59

+Added support for Threads.net
-Removed zippyshare