Skip to main content
Topic: The Karma symbol and overall Karma is a pagan idea. (Read 4206 times) previous topic - next topic

The Karma symbol and overall Karma is a pagan idea.

May I propose to use another symbol and changing of the word Karma - to something else? :)

Like do we really wanna promote satanic paganism. Anyway, Just something that stuck out as I'm a former Satanist.

Dearly regards
- Darkijah

Re: The Karma symbol and overall Karma is a pagan idea.

Reply #1

where do you see the karma symbol?
In the meantime If you want you can change translation to whatever you want, or simply disable the karma system if you are not using it.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

Quote from: Darkijah – Like do we really wanna promote satanic paganism.
Absolutely. :)  It's always good for what ails ya.

Karma is not an inherently satanic concept though. It's Hindu, originally, and Hindus do not worship Satan.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #3

You are entitled to your opinion, and anyone else is entitled to think you are wrong.

Reply #4

sigh
If I remember correctly somewhere in that readme is said to love others? Or was it to burn infidels? Don't remember.

It's a forum software, it has nothing to do with religion, please keep this stuff out of my sight, whatever your credo is.
There are people that believe in whatever they want? Fine, as long as they don't want my money or rule what I should eat, or my first born (good luck with that, you'd have first to find a woman that wants to have a first born with me), etc.
Thanks.

Now, back to karma: you don't like it?
You can change it.
In the code has always been like this and I'm not interested in changing it just because someone doesn't like the word, sorry... no, never mind, I'm not sorry at all.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Oh, and yes, I deleted the message you have reposted as an attachment.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: Antechinus – You are entitled to your opinion, and anyone else is entitled to think you are wrong.
Not an opinion and of cause they can disagree but it won't change the facts ;)

Reply #7

Pagan! I'm not the one putting religious things in my Forum Software ;)

Reply #8

Quote from: emanuele – Oh, and yes, I deleted the message you have reposted as an attachment.
No problem the other is there and no need for 2. Although I do wonder what it did not like that I wrote.

Reply #9

Quote"The symbol itself dates back at least to the fourth century B.C., and has been identified with the Eastern philosophical religions of Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoism. In the Western world it has long been adopted into the symbolism of myth, magic, astrology, and witchcraft.

A book, Black Magic, White Magic, explains the Yin-Yang like this:

"Another ancient magical sign called the yin-and-yang first appeared sometime before the 3rd century B.C. in China. This emblem became a favorite of sorcerers and mystics throughout the Orient because it, too, embodies so many possible meanings."

Reply #10

To feed, or not to feed. That is the question.

Reply #11

shrug <= /me need emoji
Dang, how the world has changed... once upon a time I would have been a defendant of a pure and clean software without much :poop: now I cannot stay without a hundreds of icons... many of them pagans BTW.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

QuoteKarma (car-ma) is a word meaning the result of a person's actions as well as the actions themselves. It is a term about the cycle of cause and effect. According to the theory of Karma, what happens to a person, happens because they caused it with their actions. ... Karma is not about punishment or reward.

So as it’s used for rewarding or not a persons post then I think the name and term is perfectly acceptable. If you want to interpret it in a different way that’s your prerogative, however in my opinion the vast majority will take it as quoted above. 

Reply #13

I guess it is not something new, using time on taking pagan things out of software I get :P

Reply #14

Look on the bright side: the Hindus will love it. :)