Skip to main content
Topic: User Privilage - Create Post OK, Reply disabled (in a board) (Read 1696 times) previous topic - next topic

User Privilage - Create Post OK, Reply disabled (in a board)

I have one board that I wish to allow anyone to post in, but (uniquely) restrict replies to just the moderators (or instead. just one unique permission profile?). 
Ideally, the user could modify/edit his own post (at least until any set editing period expires), but otherwise not reply in that board to any post, including his own.

I confess I haven't figured out how to do that. Is it even possible?
Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 01:21:40 pm by Steeley

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Re: User Privilage - Create Post OK, Reply disabled (in a board)

Reply #1

I don't think there is any way with the default system to achieve this behavior.  The closest I can think of is locking every topic on creation .. so you would have to fully moderate a board and then approve/lock ... maybe there is an addon that achieves this

Reply #2

Auto lock after OP, board basis, interesting.

Reply #3

Quote from: Spuds – I don't think there is any way with the default system to achieve this behavior.  The closest I can think of is locking every topic on creation .. so you would have to fully moderate a board and then approve/lock ... maybe there is an addon that achieves this

Alrighty then, I'll back out of the permissions rabbit hole looking for something that isn't to be found.. Thanks!

That board is for file posts (attachments) destined for the site library, only, Discussion about them takes place elsewhere. If I spend too much time moving replies to those posts to the appropriate discussion board I'll consider the moderate/lock on approval approach. At the risk of repeating myself, I hate being "middleware". :-)
Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 09:57:54 pm by Steeley

Reply #4

FWIW - the purpose for the board I created (a file- upload board), and thusly this permission 'request' to prohibit replies to posted topic, goes away if/when Levertine is released for 1.1.7,,

Reply #6

Aye, as I acknowledged in this post ..

I posted the ref to Levertine here to close out this thread - I don't need no stinkin privilege mash up for a work around for what Levertine will do more elegantly  :D   

Reply #7

As requested, I locked this.