Skip to main content
Topic: Some packages can't be downloaded (Read 2051 times) previous topic - next topic

Some packages can't be downloaded

Hi,
I can't dowload some packages with the Packages manager : i get an error.
It's the same thing on my 2 ElKarte.
For example i can't dowload MPAAP or Switch permissions but i can download some other packages.
For MPAAP i get the error :
Although the package has been uploaded to the server, it appears to be empty...
The message is very long but in french on my ElKarte.
For Swith permissions it's an another error :
We have made every effort to find the topic or section you are looking for: it seems to be missing or forbidden for you.
The 2 ElKarte are with the patch1.1.7

Re: Some packages can't be downloaded

Reply #1

You will just have to follow the links on the addon site for those. 

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds – You will just have to follow the links on the addon site for those. 
Hi @Spuds,
i know it but the easier way is to browe the packages directly in the pakages manager and just clic Download.  It worked, "before"... don't remember when.
It is the same thing in 1.1.6 when i uninstall the patch1.1.7.

Reply #3

Nope, nothing new.  

The issue is one of those links is simply a link to the topic, its not even to the attachment so no way the system would download it as its not a file.

The other problem one I do think points at an attachment so I'm not sure why that fails.  It may indicate you have to be logged on to this site, not sure if a guest can download or some other security issue.

Reply #4

Agreed. Unless all of them is PRed to the github, then, only then, it may be possible.

Anyway, our community is still small and there no urgency to put every packages in the github but I think it should be easy to implement in the future.

Reply #5

Quote from: Spuds – The other problem one I do think points at an attachment so I'm not sure why that fails.  It may indicate you have to be logged on to this site, not sure if a guest can download or some other security issue.
Hi,
i just logged here and tried to download : it's not enough to download, same error message.
Maybe it will help : the link to download is https://augras.eu/forum_zwii/index.php?action=admin;area=packageservers;sa=download;server=1;section=enhancement;num=16;package=index.php?topic=2407.0;czEjoubSV=100f70NMAuB9Ps27RJsGyK70qkcRAm8X
Philippe

Reply #6

Do you have to be admin to use that link?

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #7

Hi @Steeley ,
I have to be admin in elkarte to install packages and in fact i'm admin to download.
I took a look to a link that works, for exemple : https://augras.eu/forum_zwii/index.php?action=admin;area=packageservers;sa=download;server=1;section=bbc;num=1;package=elk_bbc_gist.zip;db4b4vRU3L=RmscNaUceJZ1iuBMXV5tTlmu1tSxQNg9
In this link there is :
Code: [Select]
package=elk_bbc_gist.zip;db4b4vRU3L=RmscNaUceJZ1iuBMXV5tTlmu1tSxQNg9
In the links that doesn't work :
package=index.php?topic=2407.0;czEjoubSV=100f70NMAuB9Ps27RJsGyK70qkcRAm8X
No file to download, no attachment to download  : just the topic.
I think the problem is in the link.
I tried some links and each time there is package=file.zip it works, otherwise not.

This kind of link with an attachment file doesn't work no more :
https://augras.eu/forum_zwii/index.php?action=admin;area=packageservers;sa=download;server=1;section=avatar;num=8;package=index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1849.0;attach=1269;db4b4vRU3L=RmscNaUceJZ1iuBMXV5tTlmu1tSxQNg9
Access forbidden ! And that is normal because i'm not admin on elkarte.net.
But in this case if i'm connected on elkarte.net community and use just a part of the link https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1849.0;attach=1269;db4b4vRU3L=RmscNaUceJZ1iuBMXV5tTlmu1tSxQNg9 the download works fine.
For these links with an attachment file the first part with "admin..." seems to be the problem.

Reply #8

I don't think it will work that way, I mean if you try to download via your forum package manager from this forum attachment.

The addons from from github however may be downloadable directly from your forum package manager but not the ones that are attached in this forum.

Reply #9

I really think it is possible to download an attachment file and there is a problem in the link in the packages manager to do that : even a guest can download an attachment here.

For example the link to download MPAAP is : https://augras.eu/forum_zwii/index.php?action=admin;area=packageservers;sa=download;server=1;section=enhancement;num=16;package=index.php?topic=2407.0;db4b4vRU3L=RmscNaUceJZ1iuBMXV5tTlmu1tSxQNg9

But there is nothing to download in this link : to download the file it lakes somewhere :

action=dlattach;topic=2407.0;attach=6976

But even with this code it doesn't work because i think i try to download as admin on an elkarte where i'm not admin.

It's just to try to make it works better and easier.
Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:58:18 am by augras

Reply #10

I don’t quite understand what you are trying to achieve, you are using the package manager in a way it was never designed to work.

You either have the package zip available at a url that it can access or you manually upload the file. Accessing an attachment of a post is not something it can do.

Reply #11

The simple way to install a package is just to press the Download button and go on : if it is possible it will work like that for each packages why not ?
It's not a bug and i was wrong when i opened this topic, but maybe it is possible to make it works ?

Reply #12

Not easily, if it’s in the addon list the mod author should make sure it works. So comment in their topic it’s not an issue with Elkarte itself.

Reply #13

Quote from: augras – The simple way to install a package is just to press the Download button and go on : if it is possible it will work like that for each packages why not ?
It's not a bug and i was wrong when i opened this topic, but maybe it is possible to make it works ?

If Red Green were a programmer... :D

Reply #14

Quote from: augras – Hi @Steeley ,
I have to be admin in elkarte to install packages and in fact i'm admin to download.

Back to serious for a moment..  Sorry, I misunderstood your purpose for posting the link, ..

Quote from: augras – I really think it is possible to download an attachment file and there is a problem in the link in the packages manager to do that : even a guest can download an attachment here.

But even with this code it doesn't work because i think i try to download as admin on an elkarte where i'm not admin.

It's just to try to make it works better and easier.

If I understand what you're attempting to do, I suspect for starters the PM is expecting a file at the link destination, not a pointer to something somewhere else? I haven't dug into the code to see if it's limiting to certain compressed file types, which could also be an issue?