Skip to main content
Topic: French Translation in progress (Read 8935 times) previous topic - next topic

French Translation in progress

Hello,

I Will comming soon with 100 % French Elkarte translation. My members are hard working on it.
https://forum.mpdb.tv/index.php/topic,35559.0.html
My Tailor is rich

Re: French Translation in progress

Reply #1

C'est très bon !

Reply #2

Bonsoir et merci beaucoup!

Reply #3

Messieurs, je vous remercie de votre accueil.  :)

( Wee will also translate some Mods).

My Tailor is rich

Reply #4

I would suggest sharing / uploading whatever you have for now and don't wait for it to become 100% before sharing / uploading. Most translation when to halt after sometimes but whatever shared / uploaded may be continued by others if that stage ever come.

Note: I haven't finished mine too. :(

Reply #5

Hi Ahrasis,

We started the job 17 January, 2 days after the migration of my old SMF forum.
Now it reste only 4 files:

- ManageThemes.french.php
- Manual.french.php
- ModerationCenter.french.php
- Modlog.french.php
- Packages.french.php

My community is old too, (2008), I have a lot of members and some help me for many jobs. This one will bee finish very soon.
Peoples work on my forum when they are at work  :D
Maybe, you think I'm lucky. But Sometimes it is very difficult to manage a large community. People make you half crazy sometimes.

I promise to follow your advice if this work is not completed within 5 days .

You do your best, there are only 24 hours in a day.
I know you do a lot of things for Elkarte.
I'm not a developer, I admire people who are like you, comfortable to code.
I m sure you will finish !
Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:16:30 pm by shaitan
My Tailor is rich

Reply #6

Last time we started by using previous smf translation, so it is easier to translate the balance. Review can come after that. But I cannot remember how it was done.

Reply #7

The files are just uploaded to transifex and it takes care of matching indexes and put things at their place (mostly).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Capure I made here, on Elkarte.net

Our translation work will be finish in one or two days, no more.

I have found others errors in the original pack.
What I would like to suggest, is that you let us time for working on corrections, reading in context the maximal part of the files.
And when we are ready, the suggestion is to delete the actual package and remplacing it by a new one, with our corrections.

Quote from: emanuele – The files are just uploaded to transifex and it takes care of matching indexes and put things at their place (mostly).
That's the problem. If you upload the files, our corrections and better word choices will be lost. Only the new content, the part not translated, will be replaced and we should correct all every updates.

If you agree, I understand that we can ask that juste one time. After, I will register in Transiflex for doing futur corrections.

I need perhaps three or four weeks for finish. Before the next stable release of Elkarte, in all cases.

My Tailor is rich

Reply #9

Quote from: shaitan –  
Quote from: emanuele – The files are just uploaded to transifex and it takes care of matching indexes and put things at their place (mostly).
That's the problem. If you upload the files, our corrections and better word choices will be lost. Only the new content, the part not translated, will be replaced and we should correct all every updates.
I'm not sure I understand your concerns.
When we upload the new translation to transifex, all the "old" strings are replaced with the new ones.
If the new ones are yours, then those are the one that will be distributed.

Chaque fois tu upload a nouveau traduction, transifex remplace tout les vieil phrase avec le plus récent, mais il ne fa pas distinction entre les mot dejà en francais ou quelle encore en anglais, il remplace tout. (If my French makes more sense than my English, of course. lol)

Quote from: shaitan – If you agree, I understand that we can ask that juste one time. After, I will register in Transiflex for doing futur corrections.
There is no limit, if you don't want to register to transifex, I (or someone else) can pick the translations you post here and upload them, of course it may take some time.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Ah, j'ai compris, merci Monsieur,  :)
I was completely mistaken about how Transifex work.

My Tailor is rich

Reply #11

On a vaguely related note, weblate.org looks pretty good.

Reply #12

Quote from: Frenzie – On a vaguely related note, weblate.org looks pretty good.

Thank you, I will use it probably for a new project I have launched.

Translation in French take time to finish because I have rejected many parts of the work. I don't accept bad translations.
I should finish a good part myself but I have no time for that now.

@emanuele
We have modified  Elkarte Light Theme. https://forum.mpdb.tv/index.php  (floating menu)
In Responsive too
Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:26:00 am by shaitan
My Tailor is rich

Reply #13

Hi,
i have made some translations on transiflex since 2 months and i make a break for a time : i think the french translation can be update here (there are a lot of new translations now).
Thank you,
Philippe

Reply #14

Thank you for your effort and contribution.

ETA: Site should now have the new files
Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 09:29:06 am by Spuds