Skip to main content
Topic: Smile Set (Read 8592 times) previous topic - next topic

Smile Set

Was trying to install a smile set on local host based ElkArte. Sadly it doesn't work out as expected. See image below. Any assistance is appreciated

Re: Smile Set

Reply #1

Well, without telling us WHAT you tried to do exactly I feel there is basically nothing we can do..
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

You are kidding, right ? If not,

1. Create a smile set

2. Based on Spud's Android Smiles

3. Using another set of Smiles

4. Only smile code id displayed

5. Smiles not appearing

Reply #3

Help yourself then :)

Reply #4

Flavio it's not necessary to smite people. This Kindred-like answers are rather annoying to me. Thanks.

Wizard it's not necessary to think other are kidding, you didn't give any detail, and some context is needed in order to help out. So this Kindred-like answers are rather useless. Thanks.

Wizard form your description it seems the files are not copied in the appropriate directory. Honestly at the moment I don't remember the format of the files, are you sure you changed all the needed directory in package-info.xml?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

I am sorry if I hurt someone. Was too sleepy. Especially Flavio, please don't take it seriously.

Reply #7

Quote from: emanuele – Flavio it's not necessary to smite people. This Kindred-like answers are rather annoying to me. Thanks.

Wizard it's not necessary to think other are kidding, you didn't give any detail, and some context is needed in order to help out. So this Kindred-like answers are rather useless. Thanks.

Wizard form your description it seems the files are not copied in the appropriate directory. Honestly at the moment I don't remember the format of the files, are you sure you changed all the needed directory in package-info.xml?

I am using png files. Does converting them to GIF solve the issue ? I have a pretty decent no. of smiles whose code is not present with  current smile set. Wondering if that can cause any issue ?

Reply #8

Lol sorry ema, I was a bit "what the..?!" ;D

No problem, I just needed full details and the code used to try to understand what was wrong, because a "not working smiley" tells me as much as... Nothing ;D Still.. I don't get whether you are trying to replace the regular smileys or add new ones, deleting default or just packing up a smiley set, from the way I see it it could be any of these #_#

P.S.: if you compare me to Kinder again, I spam :D

Reply #9

I downloaded @Spuds  's Android pack, replaced the smiles using .png files by me and tried on local host.

Reply #10

Can't look at the code now but do PNGs actually work at all in smileys here?

Reply #11

I think that that needed to be replaced Smiley System. I have since been made an input for SMF => https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/2985#issuecomment-132306920. The problem of the Smiley System is that file names are predefined. And therefore there will always be problems like this here. In my view, one should worry to renew the Smiley system.

Regards Stephan

Reply #12

Quote from: Flavio93Zena – Can't look at the code now but do PNGs actually work at all in smileys here?

I am currently having issues with Droid smile pack. It comes as far as " Install Addon " option but no folder found at " New Smiley Set ". Interestingly, my custom smile pack's folder is available there.

Reply #13

Ok, it's working fine, with certain exceptions

Reply #14

I guess we gotta summon @Spuds then :P