Skip to main content
Topic: Install? How? (Read 6197 times) previous topic - next topic

Install? How?

K, so install.php is in the /install folder. So path to installer should be blahblah/install/install.php yes? Doesn't work. Why not? :P
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Re: Install? How?

Reply #1

I'm not sure what the plan is or anything. I would think it's going to be changed to either work with the install dir, or upon packaging a release they will be moved to the forum root folder.

But just copy install* to the forum root to install for now should work. Same with Settings.php*
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #2

Yeah I know that after reading the error message, but is still bug. :)

Also needs the deleting script to deal with upgrade.php too (since presumably all the scripts will be in the root folder).

The elk is kinda cool though. Sure to drive Basques bonkers. :D

Reply #3

We didn't change the behavior: the package will contain install or upgrade in the root folder, as Brad said.

Quote from: Antechinus – Also needs the deleting script to deal with upgrade.php too (since presumably all the scripts will be in the root folder).
No, the install package has install scripts, the upgrade package has upgrade scripts.

Nothing changed on these, I believe. Should be as expected from SMF.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #4

Hey how about deleting the SQL files too?* They may not be all that dangerous, but they're just extra clutter after you've done the installation.

*By script, I mean, like upgrade.php.

Reply #5

Sure thing, they should have been. Bug, if they don't behave themselves.

(well actually it depends on your system, i.e. if they're not writable)
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #6

Well just tried it on local, and they seemed to be hanging around. Mind you that's Apache on Doze, so may be a bit funny. Should all be writeable though.