Skip to main content
Topic: How to add Term of Service and Privacy Policy in Elkarte? (Read 4766 times) previous topic - next topic

How to add Term of Service and Privacy Policy in Elkarte?

Hi, can anybody point me on how to add Term of Service and Privacy Policy Page? I tried Google and Elk internal search and nothing found. I need it to make my forum compliant to some services, e.g. Ad Networks and Transactions Mail provider.

Thanks.
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Re: How to add Term of Service and Privacy Policy in Elkarte?

Reply #1

Just refer them to your registration page.

Reply #2

index.php?action=admin;area=regcenter;sa=agreement

sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

There is also the Imprint addon http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2972.0 that should give something more.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote from: radu81 – index.php?action=admin;area=regcenter;sa=agreement
Actually, i mean action=register which all non logged in member will be able to see.

Of course you should be able directly view the agreement text file via direct link from the browser too (with no styling).

But may be ElkArte wanna consider adding these TOS and PP as default pages too with link in the footer. We already got link to credit page. ;)

Reply #6

Quote from: ahrasis – But may be ElkArte wanna consider adding these TOS and PP as default pages too with link in the footer. We already got link to credit page. ;)
+1 for this. It will really helpful if we those pages can be accessed easily and edited.

Reply #7

Quote from: kucing –
Quote from: ahrasis – But may be ElkArte wanna consider adding these TOS and PP as default pages too with link in the footer. We already got link to credit page. ;)
+1 for this. It will really helpful if we those pages can be accessed easily and edited.

But, do not forget, not every site does a TOS and Privacy Policy.
That's why I did mine via SP pages. :)

Reply #8

Quote from: derived –
I'll never again go without a TOS with
legal jurisdiction and billing rights.

It nutted up IBM/Softlayer.

But don't forget, not all forums have to do with a product, or anything to do with billing. :P
However, IMHO, all sites should have a TOS and Privacy policy.
Could be a nice addition to the ElkArte Core, having ones made up, that take the name from the Forum Name in General Settings. :)

Reply #9

It should be easy to move the agreement text to default template and consider it as TOS. We just need to add a generally acceptable privacy policy to it.

Our registration page can also go directly to its form page so user just need to read and tick the TOS and PP before he can continue submitting his registration.

Reply #10

The only thing that annoys me in having some function to deal with a privacy policy and a TOS in the core is that it's a bit of a waste having a way to have "pages" and limit it to two...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Well, that's also true. Then one of the simplest way I could think of is to create a specific topic for TOS and PP.

Reply #12

Agreed, but if you want to monetized your forum then TOS and Privacy Policy is a must. I'm currently not. I'm asking about this because Mailgun needed it and just realized I don't know where are those in Elkarte. Haha. :D

I hope it will be considered added as core because it will needed to be in compliance to use some online service integrated in forum. :)

Thanks!

Reply #13

Quote from: emanuele – The only thing that annoys me in having some function to deal with a privacy policy and a TOS in the core is that it's a bit of a waste having a way to have "pages" and limit it to two...

Well, there is always the option to add pages feature to the core.
I for one, think a lot of people would make use of pages, for various things on their sites.

Worth thinking about.

Reply #14

Ah yes, I agree with @derived why stop at just 2 pages. :)