Skip to main content
Topic: A few suggestions (Read 2760 times) previous topic - next topic

A few suggestions

1. Better highlighting on features on home page

I am not sure the ash coloured background is helping highlight those awesome features ElkArte has. May be a white background will do some justice to it. Also some beautiful icons to tell them what Add ons and themes can do.

2. Discuss on Forum link

That will be a useful button to have on Add on and Theme site entries.

3.  Descriptive links as a part of forum

Please consider adding this Add on to the core. Displaying links as such is a bit old fashioned in my opinion.

Re: A few suggestions

Reply #1

Quote from: meetdilip – 1. Better highlighting on features on home page

I am not sure the ash coloured background is helping highlight those awesome features ElkArte has. May be a white background will do some justice to it. Also some beautiful icons to tell them what Add ons and themes can do.
Its a bit plain still thats for sure.  We updated the content and sections a while back but did not change the layout.  I think thats all bootstrap based as well.  If anyone has some time, feel free to propose some layouts for that page.
Quote from: meetdilip –
2. Discuss on Forum link

That will be a useful button to have on Add on and Theme site entries.
Do you mean under those sites "sites" pull down or other.  The addons/themes already have a support button per addon, it points to where ever the author wants it to.
Quote from: meetdilip –
3.  Descriptive links as a part of forum

Please consider adding this Add on to the core. Displaying links as such is a bit old fashioned in my opinion.
We could, its always a difficult call as to what should be core or just an extension.  With so many addons being all hooked based, its easier to leave them as addons as its not as much of an issue as it was in the past IMO

Reply #2

Imo installing too many addon here could result in some confusion, maybe some member will expect to find them in the core later. For me there is no problem but most software forums tend to keep their  official forum almost as default.
If there is an addon available and that addon is working fine I don't see a real reason to add it in the core
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

[dream]
At some point in the future, when addons will be able to be automagically updated with one click, it may be possible/interesting consider the option to release a "package" composed of the base Elk + some addons.
[/dream]
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.