Skip to main content
Topic: Convert SMF to ElkArte (Read 38792 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from How to install ElkArte Alpha?

Re: Convert SMF to ElkArte

Reply #120

The attached is an upgrade package, try to use it like a normal SMF upgrade.

Of course keep a backup, because this is a conversion of the "current" database and not an import.

Reply #121

Quote from: emanuele – The attached is an upgrade package, try to use it like a normal SMF upgrade.

Of course keep a backup, because this is a conversion of the "current" database and not an import.

I live dangerously. :P

Nah, actually I took a backup before I ran the importer anyway.

Reply #122

Actually, @emanuele there's no php upgrade script. Just the SQL files. ;)

Reply #123

HEH! :P

Here it is.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #124

Silly ema, trix are for kids.

You forgot the index.php file in your upgrade zip as well. I had to dig in upgrade.php to figure out why the script thought I had old or outdated files. You should probably include another check to make sure there is an index.php file. ;)

Also, the old SMF settings.php file was left mostly untouched, so that even changing $maintenance = 2; to 0 didn't undo maintenance mode. I had to import the settings to the Elk settings.php file and then upload that in place of it, before my board would load.

But that's okay, it's still RC. Should probably fix those up before final, though.

Reply #125

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – You forgot the index.php file in your upgrade zip as well. I had to dig in upgrade.php to figure out why the script thought I had old or outdated files. You should probably include another check to make sure there is an index.php file. ;)
 emanuele blames... oh heck, I'm alone in the room... darn.

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – Also, the old SMF settings.php file was left mostly untouched, so that even changing $maintenance = 2; to 0 didn't undo maintenance mode. I had to import the settings to the Elk settings.php file and then upload that in place of it, before my board would load.
O_o
That's pretty odd...
I'll test it again tomorrow.

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – But that's okay, it's still RC. Should probably fix those up before final, though.
Nahhh... :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.