Skip to main content
Topic: Language vars (Read 2506 times) previous topic - next topic

Language vars

I just started translating ElkArte to Serbian language and i noticed duplicated language variable
Who.english.php -> Viewing the login page.

Not sure but i think there are more as im pretty sure i translated few things twice (Its late atm and i will check that tomorrow)
Would be nice to write small script and check all language files for duplicated var's.
Its not problem at all, it wont even trigger warning or anything but you understand me...  ;)

EDIT:
Also i noticed that Settings.english.php has only two var's and one of them is actually image...
{images_url}/thumbnail.png
and
The default ElkArte theme.

Author: ElkArte contributors

So maybe move that image in template and move string somewhere else so we can get rid of that file? (Maybe im missing something but as far as i know that file is useless...)
Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:50:18 pm by Ice

Re: Language vars

Reply #1

Quote from: Ice – I just started translating ElkArte to Serbian language and i noticed duplicated language variable
Who.english.php -> Viewing the login page.

Not sure but i think there are more as im pretty sure i translated few things twice (Its late atm and i will check that tomorrow)
Would be nice to write small script and check all language files for duplicated var's.
Its not problem at all, it wont even trigger warning or anything but you understand me...  ;)
Yep, there are few in Who, unfortunately for the structure of the file and the way it works it's quite difficult to eliminate them... :-\
It may be possible to by assigning the values after having loaded the strings.

Quote from: Ice – So maybe move that image in template and move string somewhere else so we can get rid of that file? (Maybe im missing something but as far as i know that file is useless...)
It's not entirely useless, it has reason if a theme has its own settings, yes it could be an "hidden feature", but from my experience it's better not to have hidden features, and instead have "clear" examples of how things works. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.