Skip to main content
Topic: Login session lengh (Read 6414 times) previous topic - next topic

Login session lengh

At the moment we have the dropdown (in quick login), the "minutes to stay logged in" and the "always stay logged in".

What about just a "always stay logged in" and drop the minutes?

Is there anyone that selects a number of minutes to stay logged in?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Login session lengh

Reply #1

at least I never set the time. I prefer always stay logged in in every forum i joined.

time to make a poll? :D
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #2

When I'm not on my own computer, like in a computer lab, I always pick a time if I plan on being there for a while. I'd rather not resend my unencrypted password if I close my browser.

Reply #3

Well, if you suspect the network is not safe, even send it once is enough (that's why I tend not to log in anywhere when I find a public wireless connection floating around).
Instead, when I'm not on my computer I try to use private/incognito windows/tabs, because irrespective of the connection security level, at least my data disappear when the session is closed (and I try to remember to close the session).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Depends on each persons envrionment I suppose.   Due to security or privacy issues, in a corporate environement or public use computer environment it may be more important to have a 'minute' option while at home it really is unneeded.

I would suspect that the bulk of the users really never select anything, they use what ever the option is. At one login area the default is 'forever' and at the other it is whatever has been set by admin.

My preference is for login to simply be 'forever' at both locations.