Skip to main content
Topic: [Theme] Separation (Read 16039 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Theme] Separation

Reply #30

I believe that is now fixed on my local ...  The errors were created when we moved those items (blurb, gender) to be custom fields and not standard fields.  Something I simply overlooked when I update the theme for 1.1.

I noticed at least one other error so I'll post an update in a bit,  just looking to see if I find moar !

Reply #31

I like the colours and this theme, I would use it in real life. Is it possible? Should I copy these last 2 files?

Reply #32

Those should be the latest ...

TBH I'm not sure if those changes are in the "official" package file on the themes site.  I'd download / install the main package and then use the above two files to replace the ones the package installs.

I hope to get through most of my themes soon-ish as they will need some more updates to fully use the capabilities that are coming in 1.1.9

Reply #33

I look forward to it! :smiley:

Reply #34

Quote from: Spuds – I believe that is now fixed on my local ...  The errors were created when we moved those items (blurb, gender) to be custom fields and not standard fields.  Something I simply overlooked when I update the theme for 1.1.

I noticed at least one other error so I'll post an update in a bit,  just looking to see if I find moar !

They are still not showing on my sites.
Not sure why not. The coding is all there, maybe something in the display template that might be wrong?

Reply #35

I just tried the current version (which is not updated for 1.1.9, but I'm almost done) ... and it seemed to work fine.

Make sure you have "checked" the "show on topic view" option for those specific profile fields you want to show on the users profile.  This is what will enable them to show on the avatar hover on the display page.

Reply #36

I have done so, and they do not show, and found out the online/offline setting also does not display.
It also appears that the pre-made ones, like Facebook, also do not show on topic view when selected to do so.
Custom text also not showing.

Here's a link to a post in the forum: (Forum Post)

Hover.png Personal_Text.png Facebook.png

Reply #37

Can't deny they are not showing on your site ... I tried both of the ones you posted above on my basic site and they are appearing as expected. 

Those custom fields are rendered in GenericMessages.tempalte.php so be:100:that you are using the one I posted here: https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2343.msg43378#msg43378 and that it is installed in your themes/elk_theme_separation_11 directory.

The only other reasons that I can think of for why they would not appear are 1) they are empty in the users profile, 2) the custom field is not set as active, 3) the specific custom field "show permission" is set to admin only ...

I'll look around some more and try it with some addons installed as well.

Reply #38

Files are the current ones. Placed in correct place.

1. Not empty, my profile has them filled, and not showing.
2. All are set to active, double checked that.
3. All set for everyone to be able to see.

Reply #39

:man_shrugging:Try toggling off and then back on the core feature (advanced profile) in case something did not get set right.   Also, do they show up when you use the default theme?

Reply #40

Quote from: Spuds – :man_shrugging:Try toggling off and then back on the core feature (advanced profile) in case something did not get set right.   Also, do they show up when you use the default theme?

It appears to also be a thing on the default theme on at least one site.
Very strange indeed, but it's nothing I'm going to be losing any sleep about.
If they don't show in topic view, they don't show. On 2 of the sites, it's more likely best they don't, really.
The other site, well, I might be making a nice SP block where people can get to the links that would be shown, which might look nice. :)
Thank you for the help, though. If I inadvertently fix it, I'll reply back with what did....  :laugh:

Reply #41

@Spuds
Is there a way to fix the menu so it's more responsive?
Right now, the drop-down goes left to right, where most gets cut off on mobile.
Is there a way to make it up-down instead?
Menu.png

Reply #42

Let me take a look ... I did do some updates to the theme for 1.1.9 support and to fix some mobile issues, but don't recall if I addressed that issue.

Reply #43

@Spuds
Is there a way to fix the menu so it's more responsive?
Right now, the drop-down goes left to right, where most gets cut off on mobile.
Is there a way to make it up-down instead?
Menu.png

Reply #44

Here is an update which should address several of the issues and have better compatibility with 1.1.9  If you have made modifications to the theme, you will have to manually merge those back.