Skip to main content
Topic: Unifying studios (Read 2877 times) previous topic - next topic

Unifying studios

Welcome back guys.  I'm nearly finished my stage 1 of college which means that I will have time to get back to the Elkarte theme development. I've big plans,  so hopefully I'll have enough time to complete them.

The first thing that I was thinking about was to unify my elkartestudio with studiocrimes. Some of the things are similar such as graphics modifications or tutorials,  so that shouldn't be a problem.  I'm asking you,  what you think about it,  because I like to promote Elkarte.  That could be a good way to spread the words? It would also save some time with development and running of two forums.   :)

Re: Unifying studios

Reply #1

I know the feeling...
I myself run the Italian support for Elk as a board of the Italian SMF support forum for several reasons (included give it more visibility than it would have on a different domain).
It feels a bit odd not using Elk for its support, but for the moment will do... :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Crimes: I'm glad you will start to develop new templates for Elkarte ;)

Emanuele: I think is the best choice to use elkarte toghether with ItalianSmf, it has much more visibility for elkarte rathar than a dedicated domain. Good choice for now ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

@CrimeS congrats on getting to the end of stage 1 :D

Glad you will have time to spend playing some more with ElkArte!   Yup I think we all understand how time consuming it can be to handle multiple domains ... when you have the free time its fine, but when you get behind on things, and its just you running the sites, its can become a burden.

So I'd think combining them makes some sense, easy to do a redirect as well which still "advertises" an ElkarteStudio name which sounds  8)  Anyway do whats best for you and thank you for your support of ElkArte!

Reply #4

Yes. Congratulations @CrimeS .

I also think combination of the two studios is more sensible as maintaining them should some how be more easier. You could also use categories and/or subdomains to separate the two if you like but that depends very much on how you wanna do it.

Reply #6

Thank you guys for understanding :)  I really love Elkarte,  it seems like future that is now.  Great job developing it.

Reply #8

@CrimeS 

Welcome back. So happy for you. Hope to see some great themes. :thumbsup: