Skip to main content
Topic: Theme uploaded to server will not install (Read 1519 times) previous topic - next topic

Theme uploaded to server will not install

..As the title says, it seems Elkarte won't detect a folder on the server with a uploaded theme. Zipping  the same theme files works fine though. What happens is that a new "theme[xx]" will be installed instead. Tested a few times now, happens every time on Elkarte 1.1.6.

Re: Theme uploaded to server will not install

Reply #1

Quote from: Bloc – ..As the title says, it seems Elkarte won't detect a folder on the server with a uploaded theme. Zipping  the same theme files works fine though. What happens is that a new "theme[xx]" will be installed instead. Tested a few times now, happens every time on Elkarte 1.1.6.

Do you have the theme information file? I had a few issues when that was missing for me.

Reply #2

Code: [Select]
?xml version="1.0"?>
<theme-info xmlns="http://www.elkarte.net/xml/theme-info" xmlns:elk="http://www.elkarte.net/">
<!-- For the id, always use something unique - put your name, a colon, and then the package name. -->
<id>bloc:cubik</id>
<version>1.1.6</version>
<!-- Theme name, used purely for aesthetics. -->
<name>Cubik</name>
<!-- Author: your email address or contact information. The name attribute is optional. -->
<author name="Bjoern H Kristiansen">post@bhkristiansen.com</author>
<!-- Website... where to get updates and more information. -->
<website>http://www.yourdomain.tld/</website>
<!-- Template layers to use, defaults to "html,body". -->
<layers>html,body</layers>
<!-- Templates to load on startup. Default is "index". -->
<templates>index</templates>
<!-- Base this theme off another? Default is blank, or no. It could be "default". -->
<based-on></based-on>
</theme-info>

Reply #3

Is the theme in the installed theme list in the database? I don’t think Elkarte auto detect’s themes if the folder is there and it’s not been told about it.

Reply #4

Its not when I add to the pre-filled theme path and press "install", then it just takes whatever is in the naming column underneath. I am assuming Elkarte does the same as SMF, so it should pick up if the path is added to(the Cubik name in my case).

Reply #5

I just tried these steps (with your theme.xml file just to make sure its was fine as well) and it seemed to work.

1) Uploaded a new directory under the themes folder
2) navigated to the standard manage and install theme area
3) used "From a directory on the host server:" and entered the path
4) clicked install and the yes I'm sure nag ... and it was added as expected.

Is this what is failing for you?

Reply #6

Yes, for some reason it just ignored the path. I'll retry just to confirm ..it might be something on my system.

Reply #7

Strange ... I'll take a look at the code and see if there are some specific bail-out / fail reasons (other then standard server permission issues.)