Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Ultimate Menu (Read 30366 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] Ultimate Menu

Reply #16

Another Bug. I created a child entry. It looks like this.

Reply #17

Urgs! An internal link leads to this:

Code: [Select]
http://forum-alternative-antriebe.de/index.php?/topic,467.0.html

when entering only:

/topic,467.0.html

I need it without the ?

:o

Reply #18

And a third: I made more then one child entries. But they are not shown. It seems only one child entry is shown.

Edit: Now I know why! I cannot choose "before" or "after" for the location of a child entry (then it's not shown). I can only choose "child of" and choose the parent entry. So there's no chance to sort child entries atm.

Reply #19

Sorry, but it's not working without errors anyhow. After re-organization of the child entries all of them disappeared. After that I can't make new entries now. At the moment the first entry, the main one, will not collapse (they are child entries in it). I have to deactivate the addon, it doesn't work in my board.  :(

Reply #22

Honestly I never used that version of the links, so I have no idea at the moment.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

Those are what you get if you enable "Search engine friendly URLs" in the ACP ... (configuration->general)

Reply #24

Was messing around a bit, not sure I really did anything :P  but did change a couple minor porting items and a couple of minor things.

Reply #25

Quote from: Jorin – Urgs! An internal link leads to this:

http://forum-alternative-antriebe.de/index.php?/topic,467.0.html

when entering only:

/topic,467.0.html

I need it without the ?

:o
I guess you can try topic=467 (assuming the buffer fixes it, I haven't checked) or try the full external link option.

Quote from: emanuele – Honestly I never used that version of the links, so I have no idea at the moment.
me neither

Quote from: Spuds – Was messing around a bit, not sure I really did anything :P  but did change a couple minor porting items and a couple of minor things.
Thanks! Added to the repo.
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #26

Quote from: Spuds – Those are what you get if you enable "Search engine friendly URLs" in the ACP ... (configuration->general)

So the experts don't use search enginge friendly URLs? Why not?  :o

Reply #27

I'm not an expert, but I see non advantage in using this kind of links. Even a site like Youtube is not using friendly urls.

In the past I used on smf the Pretty URLS mod which I don't recommend, the site was getting slower and slower and the database bigger and bigger.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #28

Elk bug. Problem areas highlighted.

input, .input_text, button, select {
    height: 2em;
    max-height: 2em;
    min-height: 2em;

padding: 0 6px;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

Reply #29

Quote from: Jorin –
Quote from: Spuds – Those are what you get if you enable "Search engine friendly URLs" in the ACP ... (configuration->general)
So the experts don't use search enginge friendly URLs? Why not?  :o
The only advantage is human readability. Spiders are not affected at all.